Ratings for Dr. Leidia A. Medina

Do not go to her. She lets her negative opinions of men transfer into what she believes about you. I also asked her to change my prescription because it gave me severe mood changes, and she did not believe and alluded to the fact that I feel this way all of the time. Nevertheless, once my prescription was changed I felt back to normal and I am never going back to her.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

Excellent doctor with a lot of experience and bed side manner.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2016

The lost my blood work then informed me they never took blood...I cant believe the rudeness of them to tell me this when she was my only doctor. She let me get an IUD when others would not because I had a stroke problem... she missed diagnosed so many of my friends and family. Please don't go to her you might think she is kind and a good doctor but I guarantee if you go to another doctor you will find she isn't what she seems. you life is at risk with her. She does not know about so much in the medical field it may seem convenient because she is a female GYN but don't go.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2014

Dr. Medina is not a very nice Obgyn. She has cancelled my appt on the day of and had an attitude when I called to ask a question. She never has time to answer my questions and rushes me out of the office. She never has the time to discuss with me treatment options. Recently, when I called to ask about something, her staff was rude. When I tried to explain that due to my new hectic schedule if I could instead of making two appts, speak to her the same day and start the treatment the same day, her staff told me if I don't have time go to a planned parenthood. It was extremely rude. I am changing Gynos immediately. Considering, I could hear the staff member speaking to Medina in the background.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2013

I am so surprised at the negative comments for Dr. Medina. I have seen her for years - I actually moved to the city and still use her. She always has appointments available, answers my questions promptly, even when I call them in and her staff calls me with appointment reminders regularly - even to remind me to book my next appointment after a year. Dr. Medina is efficient, thorough and caring. Eventhough I only see her once a year, she remembers what I told her the year before - I have family and friends who see her and she asked them about my wedding plans, even though the last time I saw her I had just gotten engaged. I have never waited more than 15 minutes for my appointment, which I think is record breaking. I have had ob/gyns in NYC, Washington, DC and Arlington, VA and Dr Medina is by far the best. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2011

Like the following poster, I, too, have been impacted by Dr. Medina's negativity toward the ability of men to be faithful partners. She made disparaging and highly judgmental remarks about my partner in particular, although she had never met him. Further, she delivered what was for me a very distressing diagnosis as if she were telling me I had a hangnail. Worse yet, Dr. Medina gave me only three minutes of her time to ask questions, and then only when I persisted. She gave a grossly inaccurate response to a significant question; relying on this misinformation has caused difficulty in my relationship with my partner. It is unfathomable that someone in such a position of trust would take so cavalier an attitude toward patients who depend on her for accurate information and compassionate care. I rarely take the time to evaluate service providers, but in this case I felt obligated to do so. I WOULD NOT recommend Dr. Medina to anyone for any reason; I, too, am seeking a new gynecologist.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2009

Dr. Medina has a lot of bad opinions about men which she shares with her patients. From my experience, she doesn't seem to believe that ANY man can be in a monogomous relationship. AKA all men cheat. It's incredibly frustrating because she knows we have been together for 7 years. It's a monogamous relationship and we have been each others only partners. To sum it up... She's a little too opionated about men and how unfaithful they are. I'm looking for a new gynecologist

flag | Submitted June 28, 2009

didnt so much have an issue with doctors care.she was fairly decent when i saw her.she just suddenly dropped my insurance and my moms who saw her and offered no help in referring someone else.also the staff booked me and failed to notify me she no longer accepted this insurance so that after going in (i was having a urgent problem) i was basically told she doesn't accept that insurance anymore so too bad nothing we can do.it seems after she became established she dropped all the low income patients (my mother and i get the family health plus plans)she dropped all of them so i really dont see her as caring much for her patients as much as for her profits as these were the people who helped her build her practice.i dont know if i would recommend her due to this.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2008

The staff was not helpful and did not give me the details I needed as a first time mom-to-be. They were rude, she pretty much told me to change doctors because I asked too many questions and she felt I didn't trust her. Unfortunately I don't have my mom here to consult. She had a bad rep, but I still had faith in her. Now I realize they are all right.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2007

Dr. Leidia A. Medina's Credentials

• Spanish

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1984)

HIP