Ratings for Dr. John J. Gonzalez

I have always been seen on time. I have always been treated with respect and my concerns were always answered. He not only correctly diagnosed and treated a condition a lifetime of Dr's failed to. He also spotted and removed an aggressive skin cancer that my other dermatologist (no names) said was fine,don't worry about. Dr G has my respect. By far the best dermatologist I have seen,in 40yrs.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2014

I took my daughter (11) to get seen on Tuesday 12/10/13 by referral from my PCP. Things started off ok, because I didn't wait long. Everything went down hill as soon as the doctor walked into the room. He was rude, and didn't even give me a chance to voice my concerns! He kept interrupting me and seemed upset that I was even there. I have never met a Doctor this rude in my life! The visit was quick gave her 2 perscriptions and we were out of there. The staff asked for my pharmacy info and stated they would call it in right away. I tried to pick up that night and nothing, I tried picking it up the next day and again noone ever called it in. I called the Drs office the next day on Wed and the girl stated she didnt know where the Dr left the files from Tuesday. Huh..... She finally said she would call it in. When I went to pick up only one prescription was called in, the other was not. Ridiculous! Worst Dr ever! Poor staff, I would not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2013

sent me to collections and never billed my insurance. Horrible staff that never answers the phone.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2011

flag | Submitted June 11, 2010

I would not recommend this doctor to my worst enemy. He was not kind, thorough, and upon asking questions was condescending. His appointments were easy to get into, but once there be prepared to wait. Now I see why he was so easy to get into to. Do not see the doctor.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2009

Rude. Did not want to listen to anything I had to say. Provided no treatment. It was a very humiliating experience.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2009

Dr.Gonzalez has the worse bed side manner I have ever encountered in my life from a doctor.When he walked into the room his demeanor was cold and he made me feel like I had done something wrong. His first question was "what's wrong?" as I answered he quickly interrupted & proceed to say "You don't have that" He kept asking questions every time I tried to answer he would interrupt and say I didn't know what I was talking about. He ended the visit by saying it was all in my head walked away & left me standing there. Two days later I decided to go to a different doctor and it turns out it was the shampoo I was using that was causing the problems. The second doctor asked me to have my primary doctor run some blood tests and simply by process of elimination he was able to come to a conclusion. If Dr. Gonzalez would have taken the time or treated me like a person maybe he would have figured out the problem. Why pretend? HE DID NOT CARE AT ALL! THAT SHOULD SUM UP THE TRUE RATING!

flag | Submitted August 18, 2009

Excellent bedside manners. We have been seeing Dr. Gonzales several times over the last 15 years. He is very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2008

Seemed unconcerned, wanted to get in and out of appointment, explained nothing - had to ask for more information. I felt like he didn't think I would understand, so he didn't take the time to explain.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2008

He's caring and knowledgable. He is always smiling and takes the time to explain. I'm a pre-med student and he always takes the time to answer my questions and advise me. I had a skin condition that was very uncommon, I went to many other doctors and he was the only one that could help me.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2008

Dr. John J. Gonzalez's Credentials

• Univ Of Tx Med Sch At San Antonio, San Antonio Tx 78284 (Grad. 1976)