Ratings for Dr. Loring B. Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs is great and a very thorough doctor and I have been a patient for 10 years. But his new appointment receptionist is so RUDE and incompetent that I will be looking for a new Doctor........

flag | Submitted November 7, 2014

Staff at the front desk are friendly and helpful. The staff in the back , including dr jacob's assistant and the office manager were unfriendly, unprofessional, and very rude. As a result i have decided to choose another Dr for my next visit.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2014

flag | Submitted July 8, 2014

Dr. Jacobs staff are a mixed bag. I found staff at the front desk friendly and helpful. The staff in the back (at checkout) were unfriendly, unprofessional, and rude. I visited Dr. Jacobs and he ran blood work. I was not informed of a low thyroid that required medication until I made a second visit which was not a follow up visit. He orders a lot of unnecessary tests which as it turns out he profits from. He did not look at me while I talked to him during the visit and I felt a total lack of interest and complete disconnect. I did not feel empathy or a plan or goal to find out the root to my problem. I will not visit him again. I do not recommend him to anyone. Friend, family, or stranger. I wasted my money but mostly my time. I don't have that to disregard in such an impersonal way.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2013

Dr.Loring is likeable and seemes knowledgeable. However, his practice is basically an insurance billing machine. He wants you to come 3 times a year, for the sole purpose of getting an extra billing. He tests for EVERYTHING, again to increase billings. But when he lost me as a patient, was when he tried to get me involved in a multi-level marketing scheme. He tried to get me to buy some very expensive vitamin drink by making it sound like it was a prescription. He never told me that he got a comission from it. Fortunately I saw through the scam and then found another doctor. I wont go to a doctor that puts his needs ahead of mine. Especially in a fraudulent way.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2012

Dr. Loring is an old school doctor who takes the time to listen and properly diagnose. He does like to see you at least 2x a year, but that's your choice if you can afford it or not. I like him and recommend him to others.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2011

Dr. Loring, as he is called, is generally a good internist who does care about his patients, but he is unabashedly in it for the money - his family owns all their own diagnostic services, which is why they order so many tests - and they do push a lot of questionable products. Loring's staff in particular are arrogant, rude to patients and act as though any question or inquiry is an inconvenience. They are the reason I stopped seeing this doctor after nearly 20 years of care.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2011

Dr. Loring is very casual and easy to talk to, but he orders SO many tests and requires his patients to see him 3 times a year, and even started "prescribing" his patients certain multilevel-marketing product with unsubstantiated health claims (a very expensive vitamin drink for which he gets commissions). The latter incident completely destroyed my trust in him, so I do not see him anymore. The staff were generally friendly but the waiting time was usually very long (from check-in to seeing the doctor: at least 30 minutes, up to an hour).

flag | Submitted July 23, 2009

DR. LORING IS A FINE DOCTOR. I WAS IN THE COAST GUARD FOR 20 YEARS AND DID NOT HAVE A DR WHEN I RETIRED. DR. LORING HAS BEEN VERY THOROUGH AND HELPFUL IN KEEPING ME HEALTHY. HE IS VERY HONEST AND TELLS YOU EXACTLY WHAT YOU NEED TO HEAR TO MAINTAIN A HEALTHY LIVING. I RECOMMEND HIM 110%.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2008

Doctor is good and thorough. Office staff is vertically integrated - they have diagnostic services in their office. Office staff is excellent - they even do appointments with specialists for patient.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2007

Dr. Loring B. Jacobs's Credentials

• Loyola University Of Chicago, Stritch School Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)