Ratings for Dr. Kathryn Gauthier

Kathryn was my doctor for 30 years, and I feel very sad to lose her to retirement. Glad she was able to transfer her practice to Dr Thomson so we haven't had to find someone new. She is very knowledgeable, and diagnosed a weird and rare condition based on one of my parents' medical conditions. The specialists I saw after that were very impressed that a family doctor would even recognize this condition. In fact, from time to time, I have ended up in emerg. with the condition and had ER doctors tell me I don't have it - an example of how insightful and helpful her diagnosis was for me. She is shy and very private, but had a special place in our family for her kindness and attention to family and life changes. She has been part of many important stages of our family life as a great supporter of us all. Office staff are not stellar - forgetful, and sometimes sloppy.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2016

She was my doctor since I became too old for a pediatrician. She's awesome! Very caring about your life in general not just your medical life. I'll miss her but I am happy for her. Hope she enjoys retirement. The fact that I don't have to look for a new doctor is so great!

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

For over 25 years, Dr. Gauthier has been my kind, sensitive and intuitive doctor.. She has walked me through so many stages of my life, I will miss her greatly and wish her a fantastic and well-deserved retirement phase of life! She is such a gifted person I do hope she will continue to find a way to share her gifts with our community. Thank you for 3 decades of so much care and support!

flag | Submitted June 11, 2015

Dr. Gauthier is a woman who cares about her patients. She has no problem referring you to a specialists, sending you for tests, or prescribing medication, which is great. On the other hand, she can sometimes be too "by the book," which means if your ailment isn't presenting by the book, she won't diagnose you, which can result in you being sick longer than you have to. If you're in decent health, with no medical mysteries, and want a reliable doctor, she's an excellent choice.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2014

If you have Dr. Gauthier as your family doctor, then you are very lucky. She is the best, very thorough. Her nurse, however, isn't the best, forgetful. Nervous when giving shots to babies. Sometimes, with babies, they spread out sets of shots over 2 appointments. My daughter got all of hers in one day, and she forgot to get the second appointment cancelled, resulting in my hubby going in a few weeks later for a useless appointment. I wasn't aware I even had a second appointment until a got a reminder call. Figured it was just a routine check up. Sometimes the secretaries can be a bit snotty, although I'm sure I would be too at times doing their job. Overall, Dr. Gauthier really is a fantastic doctor.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2014

I found this Dr. to be extremely arrogant and unfriendly. She once stated that she was frustrated because she couldn't help me (I was diagnosed by a Rheumatologist with fibromyalgia). The last time I was in her office, I saw her roll her eyes when I reported that something was only somewhat changed. I got the impression that she couldn't wait to get away from me (I guess she didn't like me very much). But she was quite unprofessional at hiding it.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2014

Kathryn has been my family physician for more than three decades. She has always made herself available to address emergent medical needs, cares sincerely about her patients and even though incredibly busy never makes an appointment feel rushed or a burden.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2013

Dr Gauthier has been my doctor for over 25 year. She is a wonderful caring woman and I feel lucky to have her. Very knowledgable , helpful and does not hesitate to send you for tests or to see a specialist. My daughters and grandson also see her and they love her as well. Best family doctor in Ottawa!!!

flag | Submitted August 3, 2012

Always late. there have been several mix ups with apt scheduling and forgetting important details from my file.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2012

Kathryn has been my Dr for over 15 years. She has always been a sight for sore eyes whenever I see her. She is thorough, knowledgeable, and downright caring. The ONLY problem can be the wait times...but that is understandable given the fact that when you are with her, you don't feel rushed and she really is there to answer every question. She doesn't try to push you out the door like other doctors. The wait is well worth it!

flag | Submitted July 19, 2012

• Medicaid Care Select
  • Medicaid of Indiana
  • Medicaid of Kentucky
  • Medicare (General)
  • Medicare Replacement (Humana Replacement)
Memorial Health Network