Ratings for Dr. Allan White

Allan White is a self serving narsisis who uses his patients as guinea pigs with absolutely no care or concern for the patient ir their family's. He changes diagnosis and treatments constantly just so he can see what might happen. He destroyed my life. He misdiagnosed me and medicated me with dier consequences. I have not been medicated for

flag | Submitted May 31, 2017

I found dealing with this doctor so painful that I had to stop seeing him. Among other annoying features of our time together he became obsessed with the fact that I needed to stop smoking which at the time I was seeing him wasn't a high priority to me. He was also convinced I was an alcoholic that had to not just stop drinking but never drink again, even socially. Aside from treating me with a series of antipsychotics and anti depressants he also insisted I be medicated with champix to stop me smoking and Antabuse to stop me drinking. I'm my opinion the latter 2 treatments hindered my recovery significantly. Finally, I believe he misdiagnosed me with a serious mental illness, for which I took medication (with annoying and detrimntal side effects) for years. I have been unmedicated for my "serious mental illness" for 3 years now with no relapse or difficulty, and enjoy a good quality of life despite the years I was made to feel ill and hopeless. While I still smoke (unfortunately) I also still drink socially and happily. I certainly don't consider myself to have a problem with drinking. I found Dr White to be narcissistic and difficult, out to convince people that they have problems and to medicate them when perhaps (and in my case) they are just dealing with a challenging life events. He also had a bizarre power mentality, he was all knowing doctor and you the helpless patient. This feeling of helplessness he seems to enjoy imposing made my recovery slower and harder..

flag | Submitted June 28, 2015

I saw this retained Catholic Church Insurances doctor because I was forced to see him - no choice. I have been trying to get him investigated for almost two years. I was placed on Workcover by my personal doctor of 11/12 years and this led to an appointment with Dr White. I had made two Mandatory Reports in 2011 and his diagnosis went on to state I had a serious mental illness and should be medicated and hospitalised - I am not mentally ill and now have seven medical professionals on paper who do not agree with Dr White. In Australia the Health Care Complaints Commission have told me he is entitled to his opinion. A Mandatory Report is a legal requirement of any person who works with Children whereby they must report any information that is relevant to Child Abuse. Dr White is retained by the Catholic Church. Take your own video tape of the session and be prepared to fight the system. Please know that there are courts in NSW & ACT that DO NOT permit Dr White or his evidence.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2012

Forget the one good review and listen to the rest. This mna should be struck off and watch your back. We recently discovered that immediately after a Fitness for duty Assessmnent of my husband, Dr W went and had tea and biscuits with my husbands brancvh manager and discussed all my husbands issues with this man. Priavcy, proffedsionalism...Dr White wouldn't ahve a clue.. I am now int he process of lodging a medcial complaint agsint him as his dislcosure to a third party, without my husbands consent, was an act of complete and utter ****ry.We very careful and make sure you take your own tape in wiht you so so have proof of what is said. Our report was so bad that Comcare arn't even using it becuase htey know its b@#$%$. Be very afraid and lodge complinrts yoursleves. Its the only way to get rid of someone like this...we are not first, nor will be the last unless we do somthing pro-active about this person who calls himslef a docotor. EXcuse the spelling...no spellcheck.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2012

This man who identifies himself as a psychiatrist is rude, self-serving and extremely arrogant. Short of yawning whilst conducting my interview, he rolled his eyes, talked over me, railroaded me into being video taped, then made assumptions and lied in his report to the insurers. He then proceeded to make statements in his report that he did not ask questions about and which were totally unsubstantiated. I don't know how this man is still practicing although insurance companies obviously think they are getting good value from him.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2012

flag | Submitted February 4, 2012

What a rude and unpleasant man. He works for insurance companies and automatically hates you before you arrive. Don't go!

flag | Submitted October 30, 2011

flag | Submitted July 2, 2011

One word that sums Dr White up is "Quak"not a Dr you would consult if you are expecting help, is concerned only with being paid by Insurance companies to Deny any claims, he was Rude has a total lack of understanding, i doubt this man even practices outside is claims work...Stay Away!

flag | Submitted June 9, 2011

in my opinion Allan White is not fit to practice medicine. In 2001 he was found guilty of unsatisfactory professional conduct within the meaning of section 36 of the Medical Practice Act 1992, as amended

flag | Submitted October 24, 2010