You may also like

Ratings for Dr. John J. Basile

Wanting a 2nd opinion on my 2nd bout with kidney stones, my husband and I found Dr. Basile. I was glad when Dr. Basile didn't suggest immediate surgery as my former urologist did, but gave me the tools I needed to pass the stone. He's a great listener. His advice is filled with wisdom. His staff is very professional and considerate. Expect the usual wait-time for a specialist of 45 minutes. The wait is WELL WORTH it! He's down-to-earth and isn't pious. So glad we found him! David & Susie

flag | Submitted April 9, 2016

It is a pleasure to have Dr. Basile on my health care team. I have found him to be very willing to explain every aspect of my situation in detail. I really appreciated the fact that he did not rush me out of his office. I would not hesitate to refer him to anyone in need of an excellent urologist.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016

He is an arrogant doctor. He thinks so superior about himself. I don't recommend to visit this doctor if you want someone who is down to earth with bedside manner.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

I have been patient for 15 years. I am completely satisfied with Dr Basile's treatment of my various age-related prostate health. His staff is courteous and professional. He has always seen me at my scheduled time. He addresses my medical concerns and provides excellent treatment. I recommend him, without reservation.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Basile for over 12 years and have great confidence in his knowledge and abilities as a physician. He is friendly, yet professional in his demeanor. I recommend him without reservation.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2015

flag | Submitted September 9, 2015

Dr. Basile is an excellent Urologist, and an expert in the field. I trust him to the fullest extent. I was diagnosed with bladder cancer. My treatments were done very smoothly and Dr. Basile helpmed me fight it.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015

Dr Basile is both knowledgable and caring. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2015

Dr. Basile is informative and thoughtful. Does not generate undo angst.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

I've been seeing Dr. Basile for four years now and I'm very pleased with the service I've received. He is courteous, caring and professional. He's never in a rush and always thoughtfully answers my questions and gives great advise. I would highly recommend him if your looking for a urologist that you can trust. J. West Vienna, Va

flag | Submitted July 6, 2015

Dr. John J. Basile's Credentials

• Medical College Of Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Wanting a 2nd opinion on my 2nd bout with kidney stones, my husband and I found Dr. Basile. I was glad when Dr. Basile didn't suggest immediate surgery as my f..."

April 9, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "It is a pleasure to have Dr. Basile on my health care team. I have found him to be very willing to explain every aspect of my situation in detail. I really ap..."

March 22, 2016
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "He is an arrogant doctor. He thinks so superior about himself. I don't recommend to visit this doctor if you want someone who is down to earth with bedside man..."

February 23, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been patient for 15 years. I am completely satisfied with Dr Basile's treatment of my various age-related prostate health. His staff is courteous and pro..."

December 10, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient of Dr. Basile for over 12 years and have great confidence in his knowledge and abilities as a physician. He is friendly, yet professional..."

October 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He's the best! Takes time to listen and asks great questions. Always has time to answer my questions. "

September 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Basile is an excellent Urologist, and an expert in the field. I trust him to the fullest extent. I was diagnosed with bladder cancer. My treatments were don..."

September 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Basile is both knowledgable and caring. I highly recommend him. "

August 1, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Basile is informative and thoughtful. Does not generate undo angst."

July 20, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I've been seeing Dr. Basile for four years now and I'm very pleased with the service I've received. He is courteous, caring and professional. He's never in a ru..."

July 6, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am a very satisfied patient. He has done a very good job of treating a very serious problem. I am now symptom free. Once you have a prostate cancer diag..."

July 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "A friend recommended I go to Dr. Basile several years ago, and I was very pleased and appreciative of the care I received. I returned to see Dr. Basile today a..."

July 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Very caring, very competent. He always gives me as much time as I need. I am very pleased with his services. "

July 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to Dr.Basile after passing a kidney stone. He is very competent and friendly. I have never felt rushed at an appointment with him; he is very th..."

June 30, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "As a new patient to Dr. Basile, I can say he is understanding, open, and very thorough during consultations. I went to Dr. Basile for a vasectomy, was nervous ..."

June 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Basile is very a competent medical professional who understands that providing effective "care" means more than the purely medical and includes taking inter..."

June 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient of Dr. Basile's for about 15 years and have complete confidence in him. He is extremely thorough and carefully explains my treatment opti..."

June 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great experience. Very nice man and very helpful. Highly recommend."

June 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Basile performed a radical prostatectomy on me on 25 July, 2002, due to prostate cancer caused by my exposure to Agent Orange while serving in Viet Nam. Pr..."

June 25, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient of Dr. Basile for 8 years and have the highest regard for him . He has counseled me thoroughly about my condition while always engaging m..."

June 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Competent care and a great staff -- many diagnostic tool available on site. "

June 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. " I have been a patient of Dr. John Basile for about 10 years and could not be more pleased with the care he has provided me. In an era of reduced and impersonal..."

June 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "by Bob V on Jun 17th, 2015 For over 17 years, Dr. Basile has helped me manage the signs and symptoms of my condition, with a level of attention and service tha..."

June 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent experience for the diagnosis and treatment for prostrate."

June 16, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Basile provides excellent care. He covers all aspects of urological health, is very thorough, and provides a comfortable, discreet environment for patients."

June 15, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "My first kidney stone was in 2002. I lost 35 lbs. in 3 weeks, had delayed stent removal, and overall received marginal health care. When I moved to Fairfax in 2..."

June 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After a bad experience with another urologist, I am fortunate to have found Dr. Basile. Dr. Basile 's professionalism is top notch. I really appreciate his app..."

June 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He is very thorough and more than willing to answer any questions. He wants the patient to understand what is going on. He is a top doctor."

June 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Basile has been my Urologist for over 10 years. His bedside manner is outstanding and he takes the time to answer all of your questions thoroughly. He is ..."

June 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. " very knowledgeable and communicates well--especially his diagnosis and plan of action--highly recommend "

June 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Been going to Dr. Basile for years and he provides 1st medical care. He to a true medical professional!"

June 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "FIRST VISIT: DR. BASILE WAS VERY EASY TO TALK WITH AND VERY KNOWLEGABLE VERY PATIENT , KIND AND THOROUGH"

June 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I've been seeing Dr. Basile for over 10 years and he's the best Dr. I have ever used, by far. He takes the time to understand you as a patient and understand w..."

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Basile is a knowledgable, thorough, and caring medical profession. His concern for patient care is exceptionally evident in his practice and behavior, his p..."

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Absolutely the best physician I have ever known. He genuinely cares about his patients health and quality of life. Moreover, he possesses the knowledge/skills n..."

June 1, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Very knowledgeable, thorough, assuring. I feel very comfortable after an appointment with Dr Basile knowing he has performed a thorough exam and provided me wit..."

June 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient of Dr. Basile for several months, he was recommended by my primary care doctor. His office is run by professional caring individuals and ..."

May 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I highly recommend Dr. Basile without any reservations. He is the most outstanding physician I have ever been to. He is extremely knowledgeable and understand..."

May 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been treated by Dr. Basile for about 10 years. I can recommend him without reservation. He's knowledgeable and professional. He finds time to answer..."

May 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient of Dr. Basile for 11 years. He is an outstanding doctor, who is able to perform tests in a painless way, where some of my friends have tol..."

May 28, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I've been a patient of Dr. Basile for over 10 years. He has always shown great understanding, knowledge and helpfulness with respect to my health. I can reco..."

May 27, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I recommend Dr. Baile highly, he is very knowledgeable and very thorough in his diagnosis so as not to make an incorrect conclusion. He keeps up to date on it..."

May 26, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I have gone to Dr Basile for at least the last 10 years (as far back as my personal copies of my health records go). That alone should tell you how satisfied I..."

May 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been treated by Dr. Basile for many years. I would recommend him highly. He stays aware of latest developments in medicines and procedures, is thorough i..."

May 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been going to Dr. Basile for over ten years. He spotted that I had prostate cancer early and probably saved my life in doing so. He has always been easy ..."

May 24, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Basile is quiet, confident and demonstrates a high level of knowledge and skill. He explains medical conditions and procedures in clearly understandable te..."

May 21, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Basile is a highly competent, knowledgeable and caring urologist. He takes the time to answer questions and makes sure you understand his explanations. He..."

May 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I started going to Dr. Basile in 1991, after 27 years in the USN. After 24 years of having him as my urologist, I can say without equivocation that he is the b..."

May 7, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Basile has been my Urologist for about 25 years. He is extremely knowledgeable and very caring. His staff is very helpful"

May 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Basile has been my urologist for over ten years. He is professional, yet down-to-earth in his demeanor and I value his counsel tremendously. From my obser..."

May 1, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "In addition to my thorough confidence in his professional knowledge and skills, I value Dr. Basile's compassion for my well being; and would strongly recommend ..."

April 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He is very knowledgeable and is actually concerned with your well being and not just for the fees. His staff is cordial and I recommend him to anyone having iss..."

April 13, 2015
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=134089'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.6

February 22, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=134089'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.7

February 5, 2014