Ratings for Dr. Zulfika Wallani

Garbage !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted August 23, 2017

No expertise in Autism whatsoever and a terrible understanding of me. Plus I would always wait about two hours to see him. Ugh. Do not recommend this man

flag | Submitted July 21, 2016

I have always left Dr. Wallanl's office feeling better. Yes, he prescribes a number of drugs, but I beleave that he does so guided by his professional knowledge of them.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2016

Dr. Wallani was a wonderful psychiatrist when I was living in Markham and seeing him. He was very helpful and kind.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2016

Dr. Wallani, I cannot thank-you enough everything that you have done for me. After the birth of my second child I didn't realize it but I was suffering from postpartum depression. Things got worse and worse until I wound up at the emergency at Markham Stovall hospital. I am so lucky to have crossed paths are such an amazing physician. He was kind, considerate, committed, knowledgable. I owe my happiness to him. He was very patient with me and I was very reluctant to try western medicine. He allowed me to use an integrative approach which ultimately led to my remission.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2016

Dr. Wallani has literally destroyed my life. I met him with antidepressant withdrawal syndrome which he misdiagnosed as anxiety and depression. He relentlessly polydrugged me for years (20 plus drugs in five years). When I complained for years that of lithium-induced hypersomnia, he portrayed lithium (and all drugs) as innocuous and that my fatigue was from a “depressive episode.” When I discontinued lithium, however, my fatigue vanished! Despite this, he irrationally refused to acknowledge that lithium caused my hypersomnia. Further, when I was changing drugs, I developed antidepressant withdrawal syndrome again (as he basically had me cold turkey the drugs!) Dr. Wallani told me I was depressed and required electroshock therapy… for withdrawal symptoms? Once, when he suggested I had a personality disorder, I asked him for justification. He said, “Well, sometimes you disagree with him.” That’s right. Disagree with Wallani, get a personality disorder. Dr. Wallani is highly irrational and always blames the person rather than the drugs. I wish it were possible to bring criminal action against Dr. Wallani as he has ruined my life through his liberal and ideological use of psychiatric drugs. If anyone wants to learn more about psychiatry and psychiatric drugs, I highly recommend Anatomy of an Epidemic by Robert Whitaker.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2015

This doctor ruined my family he took a paranoid personality disorder and misdiagnosed it as agoraphobia. This put an unstable person who was in the hospital under his care for a grand total of three days, then she came out crying someone raped her then left in a home with people who don't know how to deal with that illness and every reaction is a lie to that patient when you tell them other wise and left them in a home with a bunch of pills to fend for themselves. He's the worst type of doctor a pill pushing piece of garbage. It's fine go to him if you have a small problem but if your in need of serious help he doesn't kno what the F he's doing. I only hope I don't have to clean the mess when my mothers slits her wrists tomorrow. F You dr good for nothing

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

Amazing guy he really cares and has helped my husband get his old life back. Has really gone out of his way to accommodate my husband when he had a busy schedule. Thank you Doctor Wallani!!!!! If it wasn't for you I don't know where we would be!!!

flag | Submitted February 12, 2014

Dr. Wallani is very very good psychiatrist. I have been on- going patient for many years. He always listens and makes suggestions however if ou do not agree with him, he is insistent but respectful.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2013

I am Bi Polar and Dr. Wallani has worked with me for years and never gave up. I am now stable and continue to see him once a month. He is kind, caring, asks the right questions, listens well and after getting to know me understands that I am a positive person who enjoys a laugh while dealing with my disease. I would recommend him to anyone. Thanks Dr. Wallani. You have given me promise and hope and kept me alive all these years. I truly do owe you my life and I could never repay you for what you have done for me. Despite whatever people say about your tardiness you always spend time with me when I need you the most. I don't mind waiting because sometimes you are dealing with someone in crisis. I hope that I never am but know that if I am you will be there with me.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2011