Ratings for Dr. Janice K. Miyakawa

I have been going Dr. Miyakawa for the past 15 years and she is the BEST. She is extremely knowledgable, helpful, and truly cares about your health. I actually drive all the way from San Diego to see her, until she told me recently it's time I found a doctor near me since i've moved from LA and am getting married :( I'm terribly sad to leave her but while looking for doctors in San Diego i discovered this site and wanted to offer help to those looking in L.A. I've had appointments where i'm in and out in 45 minutes, and some that take 2 hours. The reason for this is because she spends ample time with her patients, which is what we all want right?! If you're concerned about time get in first thing in the morning or right after lunch.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2014

I don't wayt for anyone that long. And after get an attitude'

flag | Submitted December 3, 2013

Staff is really rude!!!!! They are not considerate of patients well being at all.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2010

She maybe hard to see her, but she worth the wait. Dr. Miyakawa is a very caring, and helps you in anyway she can. But also add to the fact that all the doctors are wonderful.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2010

I have found Dr. Miyakawa extremely helpful and extraordinarily knowledgeable. She spends quality time with us.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2010

Went in for an exam and got a nurse practitioner. I never met the doctor, and I have called 4 times with a nurse telling me she'll get back to me. It's been 2 days now. I would recommend her to anyone. Very poor service, very poor.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2009

I have been going to Dr. Miyakawa for about 15 years and have never been dissappointed with her level of care. Sure, you may have to fax your question to her, but what doctor do you know who gives out his/her direct phone line? The fax goes directly to her laptop, which she carries with her throughout her patient rounds. I find she answers all of my questions within 24 hrs., many times after her office hours. She is restricted in her time to answer questions by phone during her day, which is why you might have to wait for a bloodtest result to come during the early evening. The nurses are not allowed to deliver test results...they must come from the doctor. If she answered all of the phone calls as they came in, the next time you were a patient in the lobby, you'd be waiting an extra long time. Dr. Miyakawa is a very intelligent, thorough doctor, and she has the most caring demeanor I've ever encountered in a doctor. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2009

Dr. j. Miyakawa . is not available to discuss test results . You have to speak to her " staff" meaning the office worker. If you have a question then you have to -fax- your question. For blood test, ie.,regular check up test you have to come back - Blood test etc. They do not tell you why they can not do these test right in the Dr. office. It is a MISTERY- misery. A week later they tell you to go to another office 2 floors up. Thus, a week later to get the rest of your test done. This is just for a regular check-up. So they can charge 2 x $$$. Never heard of a Dr. who wants you to fax your questions. No phone call with your test results. Very strange situation. and very unprofessional.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2008

She is a very caring doctor. I have gone to here for 18 yrs and drive all the way from Long Beach to see her. She takes the time with you which is why she falls behind, but she is worth them time.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2007

My first visit. I was very impressed with the time she spent with me asking questions and giving recommendations. Very pleased

flag | Submitted August 2, 2007

Dr. Janice K. Miyakawa's Credentials

• University Of California, Ucla School Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)