Ratings for Dr. Thomas G. Craven

I couldn't stand for more than 5 - 10 minutes because of lower back and leg pain. I had exhausted all avenues for relief over the years until I went to Dr. Craven and he diagnosed my condition correctly. People sometimes complain about his lack of a bedside manner. For me, like all relationships, we warmed up to each other as the process proceeded. I under went surgery in January of this year. and now I'm doing great six months later. No pain meds now, etc. In fact, I've done great since the surgery. (Be patient and through during recovery and keep yourself iced to reduce swelling.) I didn't need a hand holding doctor, I needed a great surgeon and in my book I got one in spades.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2015

Dr Craven has a very cocky attitude. He thinks he knows all. He ridicules other doctors without even doing an exam. I would never go back to this so called "surgeon"

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

I had back surgery 11/11/14 and the after prognosis was and is wonderful. My first step was pain free and I'm still pain free. I've had about every kind of surgery there is in 71 years and have never been more satisfied. I would recommend Dr. Cravens without hesitation.Terry Schroeder/ 2/13/15

flag | Submitted February 13, 2015

Very nice until after surgery. At that point, Dr. Cravens reveals his cocky attitude. If you have any residual or continued problems...you aren't allowed because he will tell you, and I quote, "I fixed you"

flag | Submitted January 26, 2015

Neck fusion with the best result. Nice guy, too. Professional staff.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2014

Dr. Craven does has a God syndrome. Heaven forbid you hurt after surgery, he will not hear it. He will actually tell you that he doesn't care. He will tell you he fixed you and there is nothing he can do for you. He will ask you..why are you here?

flag | Submitted November 6, 2014

Ok I really shouldn' t look at things like this I guess. I have talked to a nurse and scrub tech that I know whom have both worked with and had work done thru Dr. Craven. I found the clinic staff very nice and helpful. I found Dr. Craven to be very nice as well (no complex - PS I'm in health care field and VERY aware of GOD Complex Doctors - I did NOT feel this from him. He didn't even jump to say surgery left that up to me with information. I already had donor disc and fusion at C4-5 and now the level above is messed up because of a fall ! I will have hardware removed from prior level and bad disc removed from current level along with donor disc and fusion at new level. I don't believe a disc not having proper fusion would have a lot to do with the doctor. I would think like organs sometimes things don't take could be wrong. I am hopeful and really hope this surgery gives me feeling back in my left arm/hand and takes pain away !

flag | Submitted October 20, 2014

I had a lot of neck and back pain prior to seeing Dr. Craven. I was able to have the surgery completed just a couple of days after diagnosis. Very mannerly and attentive staff. I'm six weeks post-op and feel great!

flag | Submitted March 14, 2014

Dr. Craven took care of my back problem first without surgery. But as I kept hurting with pain dowm my leg he did surgery.today i am painfree. I owe so much to dr Craven. He is the best.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2013

Avoid this doctor! Thomas G. Craven ridiculed my other doctors but diagnosed me without an examination.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2013

Dr. Thomas G. Craven's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)