Ratings for Dr. Benjamin Lee

Staff was very delightful,very cheery. I was recommended Dr. Lee because i was recently injured and a friend of said he is a good doctor. I don't like talking pills, but due to my injury I sometimes have to. He did recommend me to a physical therapist and it had been working great

flag | Submitted May 19, 2015

I had a horrible experience with this doctor a few years ago. He doesn't seem to have any compassion for his patients. I was scheduled for cortisone injections in his office. I told him of prior issues with a resistance to certain numbing medications. I had received successful cortisone injections in a hospital setting with a different doctor, but Dr. Lee insisted it be done in his office. He ignored my concerns and proceeded to use medications that previously have not worked for me. I made him discontinue the procedure half way through, as I was not numb and in too much pain.

Submitted December 2, 2014

He was very helpful, and after discussing a plan that suits my needs, I have been able to see some improvement when I stand up.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2014

I would like to inform others of my experience with the office of Dr. Ben Lee. I have never been seen on time and on one occasion waited over an hour for a follow up visit. My initial visit was a two and a half hour wait. More concerning, however, is that for the second time now I've filled my prescribed medications only to find out that I cannot take them and not only can they not be changed over the phone, but I cannot be seen prior to my follow up appointment that is already scheduled for one month from now! So I'm on my own without pain relief for the second time and waiting a month is unacceptable to me. The staff is apologetic, but unhelpful in relaying messages and does not take action in a punctual way. When I tried to explain this treatment is not okay I was met with the same explanation over and over again and no options of other doctors to see. An injection was helpful, but I was told I cannot receive them often.

Submitted July 1, 2014

Dr. Lee's staff was once very good. All goes well when you go along and don't ask questions. The moment you do ask, you are regarded as a problem patient. In my case I refused the narcotics and asked for the injections. When seeing the PA, I was told often that he could not do more than the minimal which was to listen, partially diagnose and provide prescriptions that I did not ask for. Sad, but Dr. Lee's practice is poorly managed by incompetent office staff. His equipment is outdated and their attitudes are poor least said. I recommend not going to his practice without knowing up front that they will treat you like an outcast the moment you don't go along with their method of keeping you in the dark.

Submitted May 19, 2014

Dr. Lee is one of the finest pain doctors I have met. When I approached him with my severe back pain, he knew the exact plan that I needed to control my pain. The staff was great and I never have an issue scheduling appointments. I am so happy my primary care referred me to this practice.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2013

I am Army with a bad back. Dr Lee and his PA have been helping me for 3 years. I continue to work . The shots really helped and they give me good medical advise on my condition. I would recommend them to anyone. A side note. I notice that the really bad reviews seem to be from people who are on drugs. His clinic does not have a lot of drug seekers. They do not stay. I guess they post bad reviews Dr Lee does give me medicines but he does not concentrate on it. I can t take drugs anyway.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2012

Dr. Lee is a great doctor! He truly cares about my pain condition and has helped me get back to my everyday activities pain free. He is also very generous and understanding when I explained to him my pain problem. I would definitely recommend him to anybody, especially if you want to be pain free!

flag | Submitted November 5, 2012

All I have to say about this doctor is that he is one of the worse I had ever seen. Dr. Lee was so ignorant and judgmental I could not believe it. He automatically accuses people of just being drug seeking and doctor shopping. I had showed with enough respect and didn't bring it up about needing my medications. The reason I went to him was because my original pain management doctor had gotten suspended. I agree with most of the comments before mine. Please do not waste your time with Lee. All I want is a doctor who nice, respectful, and that would write my medication.

Submitted June 14, 2012

Dr. Lee has become money hungry and took a good practive and turned it bad. He is now amost single handedly running his practice as well as his "pain center." Beware of his pain center as they chage 11,000 dollar facility fee which BCBS does not cover. I was lied to by his billing staff as to coverage/responsibility to pay for this cost. etc. Office only tells you about the pain center which is owned by Lee but billed under pain center on the day of your procedure. Most insurance companies do not cover the pain center in network. Why select this doctor for back pain if you cannot get injections from him in-network even though Dr. is in network??? Skip this doctor and go somewhere else. Save yourself the hassle! BTW after 3 shots the pain in my back is not gone and now I have the stress of paying for this scam!

flag | Submitted September 20, 2011

Dr. Benjamin Lee's Credentials

• University Of Alabama School Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)

Workers Comp