Ratings for Dr. Gregg L. Heacock

I went to Dr. Heacock for sinus pain. He ordered a CT scan. It indicated I had sinusitus, I did not get a call to inform me of this. The reasoning is it is up to the patient to call for the results. After a few painful weeks I finally called and he had his staff call in an antibiotic. I asked to speak to him and he finally called. He said that he did not deem this important enough to respond to, he said he would be there until 9 o'clock every night if he called patients with the results of the tests that he ordered. I am still so absolutely blown away by this. this is medicine at it's worst. Oh, he also said I should be grateful I am getting a "free" phone call, that most physicians would have made me come back in for the test results. I did not mind waiting 50 minutes to see him, nor did I find him unpleasant, but I would never trust him to have my medical needs as a priority., it seems like a business that wants to push you through with no follow up. A bizarre place.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2015

Dr. Heacock may be a good doctor, but getting past the rudeness and inefficiency of his staff makes dealing with this practice an overall negative experience. Waiting for more than 45 minutes is the norm in his office and after many visits, most of them weekly, he still had no recollection of the medications he had prescribed and the surgery he performed. He spent most of the time with me going over his records. Many months later and still in pain, I am cutting the ties with Dr. Heacock and his office and moving to a new provider.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

Dr. Heacock had seen me for multiple visits and insisted on telling me when he scoped me that "it did not hurt" even though I was telling him that it was painful! I was coming back in for a follow up to schedule my surgery date and after waiting for 45 minutes...Dr. Heacock came in and asked if I was a "new patient", I was outraged. I understand if you do not remember me but if I wait for 45 minutes after my appointment time the least you could do is read my chart!!!!!!

flag | Submitted December 14, 2013

Very nice and helpful. Diagnosed my acid reflux after years of not knowing I had it.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2013

Staff was so rude in the "allergy center" I couldn't even schedule an appointment. In addition, my insurance covered 90% of the surgical procedure I had, and the staff wanted the balance before the bleeding even stopped. I went in for my "free" post op follow up and they badgered me in the lobby in front of other patients for a small balance that wasn't even accurate because of errors on their part. I didn't get the "free" post-op visit but they charged me for it. Knowledgeable Doctor, horrendous staff.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2013

My son been a patient of Dr Hea****' for several year. We had a time where we were without insurance then on medical assistance. Even thru all the changes, treatment by Dr Heacock and his staff was very consistent. My son (now 10) is facing a third surgery, but having DR Heacoks' reassurance means a lot. My son has a very complicated set of ear issues and I wouldn't trust anyone but Dr. Heacock.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2008

He gave me a gentle but thorough examination. Explained the options to me and let me make the decision. Yeah some of the options he made sound scary but I am sure that was only to steer me in the right direction. And when I needed help via phone someone from his office always got back to me. It wasn't a house call but good as you get these days.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2008

He jumped to conclusions. I felt he leaned toward giving business to another outfit.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2007

I have been seeing Dr Heacock for allergy, sinus and hearing loss for approximately 6 - 8 years. He conducted sinus surgery in 2002 and the results of been outstanding. Dr Heacock exhausted every treatment before he recommended surgery and emphasized that surgery would only be done as a last resort. Although I was extremely fearful of the surgery, he spent a tremendous amount of time explaining exactly what/how he would do things and what I could expect. The surgery was text book perfect and for the first time in about 30 years, I can finally breathe!!!!He is an amazing doctor and I have referred several family members and friends to him. It is comforting to have a doctor that you feel you can trust!!!!

flag | Submitted June 18, 2007

Very pompous and thinks he knows it all when he doesn't

flag | Submitted February 5, 2007

Dr. Gregg L. Heacock's Credentials

• University Of Maryland School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)

Kaiser-Permanente