Ratings for Dr. Sant Khalsa

Nice new office in same location and easy to get an appointment. He is very experienced and loves to "play with the kids" while examining the child. I am glad we found him for our kids. The staff has been there forever to so I know who I am calling and that I will get the help I need, even on the phone

flag | Submitted April 1, 2016

I am finding the same conflicts with Dr. Khalsa. When we first started using him as our pediatrician (probably about 10 years ago), he was very helpful. However, he has become increasingly rude and condescending in recent years. Although we are always able to get an appointment the same day, I am wondering if it is worth it to continue having him as our doctor. On our last visit in 2014, during an sports exam for my daughter, who has a history of asthma and had had some breathing issues that week related to a recent cold, he refused to renew her prescription for asthma medication (albuterol inhaler). He told us to bring her in if she had an acute attack, but that he did not hear any wheezes. The very next day, (a Saturday), I had to take her in to Urgent Care for a breathing treatment and a prescription for albuterol inhaler. It is certainly convenient to be able to get an appointment on the same day, but not so convenient to have to go and sit in Urgent Care the very next day, due to the physician's refusal to renew a prescription. Unlike other physicians, his waiting room is usually pretty empty, I presume that his attitude has driven away some of his patients. His staff, on the other hand, remains polite and courteous.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2015

We have been coming to this office for years and the staff and Doctor are so helpful. Now my grandchildren come to the office and we laugh because Dr. Khalsa likes to entertain them with Babu Babu (Muppet voices?) while he examines them. I am grateful that my grandsons can see Dr. Khalsa just like my daughter and son did.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2014

I've been taking my son to see Dr.Khalsa for a year and now I'm finding another doctor. At first he was nice and i really liked until he started being rude to me when my son wasn't the weight he wanted him to be my son is active so he burns calories fast plus i was small when i was younger Dr. Khalsa doesn't seem to understand that. He's insulted me, he doesn't really answer questions about tests he wants to run and he never gives you the results of the tests.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2009

We have had nothing but good experiences with Dr. Khalsa. We have three children and have been patients of his for over five years and have never even contemplated changing doctors, even when we moved to the other side of town. He is great with my kids, keeps up on the latest medical information, offers loads of information about our children's development, and has always been patient and thorough.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2008

Dr. Khalsa is pretty brusque when it comes to interacting with his patients' parents. He does have a tendency to talk down to parents, but he is really great with little kids. I am seriously considering going to another doctor due to his slightly arrogant attitude. I would most likely advise parents to stay away.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2008

He misdiagnosed our son and he is very unhelpful in giving you answers or advice to your questions and actually hung up on my wife while she was trying to talk to him about my daughter over the phone. I will never take any of my children to "Doctor" Khasla again. Ever. The worst doctor I have ever met and he talks to you like you are a child and acts like you don't know anything when it comes to you own children or treatments for your children. I'm not the type of person to make these kind of statements about someone unless they are absolutely 100% true and I feel very strongly about them. I hope you take my experience to heart and not have to go through the same situations we had with him. Thank you.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2007

Dr. Sant Khalsa's Credentials

• Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Brooklyn, Coll Of Med, Brooklyn Ny 11203 (Grad. 1979)

Carefirst Bcbs