Ratings for Dr. Bernard A. Cohen

This is the 3rd derm my child has seen and I must say we had an excellent experience from the time we scheduled until we walked out the door. The secretary was able to squeeze my child in (within a 3 week period) although they are often booked for months. She had to get permission from Dr. Cohen but he kindly allowed it. We actually arrived one hour early and the secretary was very kind and caring, smiling and making conversation. They saw us within 10 minutes of arrival and everyone was punctual. The nurse was very kind. Dr. Cohen was very kind, informative, knowledgeable and explained things in detail. He told me what he thought the diagnosis was and what it probably wasn't. He even had 2 students with him and he asked if they were allowed to see my daughter's rash, which we allowed. He took the time and explained things to them as well. When I left he commented "call me anytime." I was very pleased and highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2010

we waited 3 mos for consultation & exam. waited over an hour in his office. my daughter has a serious, rare systemic disease and we were hoping he could provide us with more insight... not only did he not have any information in file that was provided by referring dr... the first thing out of his mouth was questioning the validity of her dx... he spent maybe 5 minutes looking (and taking pictures of my daughter). did not ask one question about related symptoms or even the evolution of her rashes. he dismissed most of her outbreaks as growing up... he even gave several options (all which were inaccurate) of what the outbreaks may be... i left dumbfounded... last thing he said was that he'd get in touch with her rheumatologist... one thing is for sure he will never see my daughter again.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2009

Dr. Cohen failed to recognize life-threatening complications in our son's case. He was arrogant and dismissive, refusing to consider any other perspective than his own. Our son experienced significant kidney damage because of his neglect.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2008

The worlds best doctor and his nurse is just amazing!! What a team. Don't miss this knowledgeable and top notch doctor. I drive 1 hour to see him and it's worth it!~

flag | Submitted October 23, 2007

Dr. Bernard A. Cohen's Credentials

• Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)

Secure Horizons