Ratings for Dr. Peter W. Cheng

Dr. Peter Cheng is a great physician. Diagnose husband during physical with afib. Immediately had husband to Cardiologist. Diagnose myself, bloodclot and acid reflex disease. All family and friends see Dr Cheng. Excellent

flag | Submitted October 28, 2015

Dr. Cheng has too many patients. Whenever I interact with him he seems to be in a hurry to get to something else.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2014

During a routine check-up, Dr. Cheng felt a tiny node on my thyroid. He suggested further tests that determined it was thyroid cancer. He recommended an excellent surgeon and now coordinates extremely well with my endocrinologist. I think he's the best!

flag | Submitted June 10, 2013

Dr. Cheng is awesome!! He was a pharmacist before becoming an MD so he is well versed with prescirptions/interactions. He is a great internist who gets to know you as a person and a patient. He also is wise to know when something may be beyond his or his office's capabilities (ie: going to see a specialist). He educates his patient's with a caring soul. Every doctor's office never run's 100% on time. I do not feel that this office makes you wait unreasonably. Staff is very friendly, and calls are always returned promptly.A+

flag | Submitted February 23, 2012

This doctor is fine for minor illnesses or injuries. Any thing more complicated, and you will wait days-weeks to hear back from them. Recently had a issue where patient needed hospitalization and we waited two weeks for office to give us results. Had to take off work and pay a personal "in person" visit to demand the resuls, since the voice mail and secretary messages left were going unanswered, only to not have the doctor come out to speak with me. He instead chose to have the office manager give me the "news" that patient should get a "specialty" consult, yet another 2-3 week delay in patient treatment. Meanwhile patient suffered additional complications of a second organ system deterioration requiring emergency room treatment and subsequent hospitalization of 8+ weeks to undo the damage of the inattention/delay at the office originally. Maybe too many patients and too little time?

flag | Submitted March 6, 2009

You always have to wait 10-30 minutes during every visit with Avg service. One day I fell & did something to my knee. Dr Cheng asked me to get an X-Ray on a Monday. I asked him should I get an MRI and he said no. I waited for more than a week and I still didn't hear back from their office. Then I called the place I took xray as to when they sent my reports and they said the following day which was Tuesday. After I called every day from Thursday and was told each time I would get a call back from the Dr the same day I didn't get a response till the following Tuesday when the Dr assistant lies to me that she they didn't get the xray reports. Then the following day another assistant calls and tells me that she left a VM earlier. I have no bone breakage. I know I dont have bone breakage otherwise I couldn't have moved my leg even one inch. It must be a ligament tear/sprain dummy.. I waited for 3 days before I got referral to an orthopedic of his choice.. very careless ppl.. stay away.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2008

Good office staff, but that's about it.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2008

I have used this doctor several times for minor things. I like him very much. I really haven't used him for anything major, so can't comment on that. So far, so good.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2007

Dr. Peter W. Cheng's Credentials

• University Of Maryland School Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)

Oxford