Ratings for Dr. Michael W May

Both daughters have seen Dr. May since 2001. He is knowledgeable, thorough, detail oriented, follows appropriate standards of care, and communicates well with parents and children. Dr. May is not chatty, but he is friendly, not brusque, and spends the time to address all issues. We chose him initially, because he was the only pediatrician in Ellicott City with practicing privileges at Johns Hopkins Hospital. Large enough group of doctors (all good) so we can be seen same day.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

VERY knowledge doctor a little quiet so that is sometimes taken as rude but very thorough ... my kids love him!

flag | Submitted October 4, 2011

Very poor bedside manner, extremely condescending and rude. I am not sure why he chose pediatrics since he doesn't seem fond of children.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2009

Dr May was fine when my son was in the hospital, checking on him and answering questions. However, the entire practice missed my son's diagnosis of a fatal disease. Don't risk it with these doctors.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2009

I actually refuse to let my child see him! He is rude and has an ego that barely fits in the exam room. I am also in health and when I have questions I expect them answered without being made to feel like a fool. Thank God all the other doctors there are great.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2008

Very knowledgeable and thorough. This is not a pediatrician who will do magic tricks and make jokes with your kids. He is friendly and intelligent- all I look for in a doctor. He's great with teens as well.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2007

Simply the best. Very knowledgeable. His bedside manners can be a little odd as he is quite and not overly friendly. I trust this doctor and have used him for 15 years.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2007

Dr. Michael W May's Credentials

• Georgetown Univ Sch Of Med, Washington Dc 20007 (Grad. 1985)

Delta Dental