Ratings for Dr. Carmel J. Barrau

Excellent communicator, very up to date with medical management. Dr Barrau gives plenty of his time to the community.He has been recognized by multiple organizations for his civic involvement. His staff has a very low turnover, many have been with him for over 10 years. The waiting time is about 45 minutes to 1 hour because Dr Barrau does not turn away patients in need of his help. With or without an appointment, you will be seen. He always has a word of encouragement for everyone. Even his sickest patients leave the office with a smile. He treats all his patients as a member of his own family.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2014

Avg wait time of 1hr/more; always see a someone diff (sometimes Dr & other times physician assist even when a request is made for DR). It's obvious Dr doesn't maintain open communication between assnt since I find myself repeating everything. Dr more interested in prescribing meds & engaging in irrelevant conversations. NOT ONCE has he examined me or placed a stethoscope on my chest to auscultate my heart/lungs. Physician assnt more in tune with trying to find a solution for a patients problem & takes time to hear what you have to say. Staff is very rude & have argued with each other in front of patients & do not listen. Last straw was when Dr denied my request of Breast Tomosynthesis(3d mammogram) after abnormal mammograms that required further testings(mri, ultrasound etc) 2 years in a row! His reason: "I'm not familiar with that test & wont be able to read results so continue with regular mammogram" ..UNBELIEVABLE! No longer under his care. Google his name with the words "lawsuit"

flag | Submitted June 21, 2013

I think it just for business, should be for patient care, some of the staff is very rude, the doctor should not just supply RX use different point with patient and doctor to understand, the long wait outside, then again on the chairs in the hallway, it worse than a clinic, service needs to improve, one time my husband was very sick, kept visiting the doctor, had not find the reason, I told the doctor, I need answers to what is wrong with him, he referred to me admitted in the hospital, where they found the problem and was treated after several days in the hospital, it was very difficult time for my family and myself.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2013

DR Barrau, is a great physician, I would would entrust my wife, family and I to his care ...adg

flag | Submitted October 18, 2012

Dr. Barrau is out of touch with his patients. He is in business for the money, recognition, and accolades. In the time my mother has been a patient of his, we have seen him 5 times. My mother is ederly and very sick. He has gone through many physician assistants and he never really has anything beneficial to say. His staff is VERY, VERY RUDE and INCOMPETENT. He has a staff of 20 medical assistants and none of them know anything, they are not good with needles, they never follow-up on lab work, and always asks "why are we here", obviously there is no efficient recordkeeping. The person who does referrals is overworked and overwhelmed which has caused to be ineffective with providing referrals, there are always errors, and complaints from specialists that they never received the referrals. The wait is horrible, at times anywhere from 3 to 4 hours. Quality care is very important to me, but equally important is quality service and time management. I cannot recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2012

very friendly office, doctor knows his stuff, will recommand

flag | Submitted September 13, 2011

This doctor is cheap and the satff is just plain rude! They are each in their own world!

flag | Submitted August 27, 2011

This is my first time to visit this MD,and i wont ever come back to him anymore,it is true that more than 200 people are waiting outside to be seen and how can a doctor see these much pts in a day?The examination was very brief and careless,the staff are rude and unprofessional,the doctor is boisterous and without any breed at all.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2011

MD is very unprofessional,laughs loud,no etiquette cheap.At first i thought he was a pt.not an MD,no boundaries

flag | Submitted April 18, 2011

Not very helpful doctor. Doesn't shows any empathy or respect for patient problems. Infact, he jokes at appropiate situation that is offending to patients.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2010

Dr. Carmel J. Barrau's Credentials

• Spanish

• Univ D'Etat D'Haiti, Esc De Med Et De Pharmacie, Port-Au-Prince, Haiti (Grad. 1987)

Amerigroup