Ratings for Dr. Irina Karban

Almost always running an hour plus behind schedule. Even if appt is 9 am. Poor care / regard for patients time.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

After i finally got an appointment, I show up the first time the receptionist thought I was there for a women's wellness checkup when I made sure I made appointment for prenatal care. Then tried to tell me I had come a day early, (as if) Well After waiting nearly 2 hours for them to confirm my insurance, I saw Dr, Karban and was not impressed, yes she's nice but she didn't make me feel like how my first child's Dr. Did. She didn't even give me a sonogram picture. For my next appointment a month after, I show up office and office is locked , I call, nobody answers and says nobody can be reached at that extension, I try to leave message, big surprise messages are full. It's been three days and I still can't get ahold of them. I've called both office numbers both say same thing. Can't be reached, I'm now in search for another OB. What a disappointment. Not to mention waste of time. Not the person I want to trust my and especially my babies life with. They couldn't as least reschedule me? Let me know nobody will be there when I show up for my appointment. No. care. What. So. ever

flag | Submitted May 23, 2015

Office staff are horrible except for one young thin Hispanic lady. Tina is incompetent. They will not call you back when you leave messages. The doc could smile more be a little friendlier would be nice. Don't feel appreciated there. Searching for new gyn.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2015

She delivered my baby girl. It was the best experience ever, very natural and easy birth. She was so patient and helpful. Definitely recommend her!

flag | Submitted April 8, 2013

She delivered both my babies. Love love love her. She's been my Dr for over 8 years.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2011

I had my first appointment in the evening and had to wait 3 hours to see the doctor. Several weeks later I had a question to ask, so I called in and left over 6 messages in a matter of 4 days and no one called back even though my messages stated that I was a pregnant patient of the doctors and needed immediate advice on a reaction i was having. I got a call on the fifth day from her assistant stating doctor was on vacation. POOR SERVICE. The doctor was ok when she did see you but i wouldn't want to trust my pregnancy with this doctor.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2009

She has saved my life and my kid's life during birth and very knowledgeable how to take complicated natural deliveries

flag | Submitted March 14, 2009

I don't know much about the doctor, during my one and only appointment she was not very open about talking with me. I went to a prenatal appointment. She did not want to answer my questions. It took me a month to get an appointment to her and then when I called a day before to confirm the receptionist told me that she won't be in and that I wasn't even in their system. I had to re-schedule and wait another 3 weeks. They did some lab results and never returnd my calls regarding what the results showed. Getting an appointment or getting someone to return a call is a nightmare!! I've been trying to solve a billing problem and no one returned my call in over 2 months!! At this point I am trying to get my records and move to a different doctor. Thankfully I found one!!! Stay away!

flag | Submitted November 25, 2008

Minimum hour wait, sometimes even up to 2 hrs. Absent minded during exam, forgets to do important elementary check-up procedures. Last visit she ended up not being in the office. I was never informed before my appointment and then waited ONE HOUR after I signed in before they even told me she wasn't there.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2008

I am really pleased I found this doctor. After having several unpleasant experiences with OB/GYNs, I'm glad that a friend recommended Dr. Karban to me. She takes time with every patient, listens and offers her knowledgeable input and recommends several treatment options. One thing I didn't like was that I had to wait for an hour prior to being seen, but when she walked in, she apologized and spent as much time as I needed. Also, the staff in her office were great and very accomodating. Highly recommend!!!

flag | Submitted October 23, 2007

Dr. Irina Karban's Credentials

• New York College Of Osteo Medicine Of New York Institute Of Technology (Grad. 1995)

MSP/BC Med