Ratings for Dr. Gary D. Gallagher

Dr. Gallagher for thorough and very compassionate about my foot problem. When my doctor was unavailable for a week, Dr. Gallagher saw me because I could not walk and provided the correct diagnosis and I walked out of his office with less pain than I had when I came in. I recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2016

I've had two separate visits (shame on me for returning the second time) with his practice. I will not provide the specifics behind my experience(s), but can without hesitation, recommend that you avoid this office. My dialogue with the doctor was a miserable experience, as I had to be the one to ask most of the questions and prod him throughout for treatment options and to then elaborate. Effective communication is certaintly not one of this doctor's strong points. The billing/back-office end was/is a nightmare. I found them to be very disorganized and sloppy with their records. I recall some (not all) of the staff to be rude and unprofessional. In short, my personal opinion is that they are focused more on the nickels & dimes rather than on providing helpful healthcare services. I went to another top-rated podiatrist in the area and it was night & day in terms of satisfaction.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2013

Dr. Gallagher was not very good. His bedside manner was non-existent and he did little to discuss my condition. Spent maybe 5 minutes, skin samples were taken and I was told I would be called with results. I never recieved a call. I was then charged for missing a follow up appointment that I never made. I called their office and Dr. Gallagher answered the phone and was adamant that I pay the charges. He ended up sending it to collection. I went to another Podiatrist a month ago and what a difference.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2009

Just to comment on prior person who made such harsh comment. You are responsible to call your insurance carrier to see what your coverage is. The doctors can not take a lost because your insurance company did not pay him when he was suppose to get paid. You pay for insurance call next time to see what you are covered for. Why should he pay to get anything mailed to you. That is your problem, have your sister bring them to you. It is not the doctors problem you moved to Indiana.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2009

Office manager charged me for the in-network deduction made by BCBS. I have contacted the IL Department of Professional Regulation. Also, there refuse to release my orthotics even though they have been fully paid for. It took 4 months for my insurance company to pay for them (went to committee because the person at Blue Cross who first entered the data put in the wrong group number) and in that time I moved to Indiana. I have given my sister legal release to pick them up, but they won't let her. They want to charge me $65 for mailing them instead or they want me to make another appointment and come to Illinois to pick them up myself.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2007

Dr. Gary D. Gallagher's Credentials

• Dr. William M. Scholl College Of Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1983)

MSP/BC Med