Ratings for Dr. Alan Tat Wing Choo-Kang

Good manner knows what he's talking about. Excellent

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

So NOT impressed so far. Have follow up appointment January but not holding my breath with this consultant. Has no clue about thyroid conditions not very good "bedside manner" and was very very rude to me at one point. I don't like being treated like an idiot or talked down to and this consultant does just that. I did not get the impression he was all that interested in me and felt he had already made his mind up what he is going to do regardless of blood test results. Ordered blood tests and a bone density scan and is determined to reduce my T4 despite my clinical signs showing normal healthy life now! Was not aware of what is going on in current thinking and research on thyroid issues around the world and did not know anything about the rest of the world treatments. Don't think he believes in issues around T4 resistance after years of treatment on thyroxine. Not happy with this consultant at all! Concur with all the other comments similar to mine on here about this person.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2013

Barely looks up from whatever he writing. I explained all my symptoms to him (which I know for sure are Thyroid related), he said I should not blame the thyroid, that I probably bring my symptoms on myself by worrying so much!!!! Patronising - Uncaring. I have since done a lot of research, he should do the same. He really knows nothing about thyroid disease and does not seem want to make a patient feel better, which is part of the oath a Doctor takes. When asked my blood results he did not want to tell me but I insisted, he quickly swung computer screen my way so I could see them but he ver quickly turned it back so i could barely take it in.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2013

didnt even check to make sure i was correct patien asked me no questions dismissed at all and he baiscally just dismissed anything i said and said would write to my gp well i saw him in january and unless he sending my report by carrier pigeon i would say he isnt sending a report to my gp an absolute waste of time

flag | Submitted April 3, 2012

Well I just want to agree with the other review . this was like someone reading my mind. Came away more confused than ever . He told me I had the discese but was up to me to decide if I wanted the operation or not. He also spent ages quoting statistics ! After deciding I to have the operation I had 3 parathyroids removed

flag | Submitted February 8, 2012

Treats tyroid patients on Blood tests only. Has no idea of what thyroid disease does to the patient. Does not listen to symptoms. Does not believe thyroid disease causes symptoms. Very unsympathetic. Not supportive. Unintereseted in patients well being....just wants to get the numbers on a piece of paper within a certain range, very impersonal.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2007