Ratings for Dr. Richard E. Martinez

Would not recommend this doctor, especially if you're a woman. He won't take you seriously!!

flag | Submitted March 10, 2017

This comment isn't so much about Dr. Martinez, he seems like a good doctor, its his staff, they messed up our appointment dates, and we drove a long distance. Then send my son for follow up X-rays that don't even take our insurance. Such a waste of time. Another long drive for nothing. The first time they messed up our appointment the young girl just smirked as if it was a funny joke. Ive read other reviews about his staffing as well,not good. We are changing doctors, to because of Dr. Martinez, rather because of his staff. We do wish him the best and success.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2016

Dr. Martinez is a great doctor and takes extra time to sit and listen to you. Unlike others you can tell he really cares. A few new faces but the hispanic receptionist I've seen for a few years is horrible. My wife had watched the way she talked to an elderly patient and was disgusted. I know Dr. Martinez doesn't treat his patients that way so we were shocked. Overall a great physician though.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2014

I love Martinez!! He will take the time to sit down with you and discuss what brought you in to see him. If he is unsure of something, he will direct you to the proper referrals or to have additional testing done (ex: ultrasounds). His receptionists are friendly, but I REALLY dislike his medical assistants. They have poor manners, rude, and dress completely inappropriate for the healthcare setting. I myself have tattoos and piercings, but will NOT wear them or show them when I go to work. These girls wear EXCESSIVE makeup, huge earrings, and have facial piercings. Not appropriate! Unfortunately, this is the price to pay for having him as a doctor. The only other downfall to his office is the excessive wait time.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2013

I had to wait almost 3 weeks for my appointment with Dr. Martinez and when I arrived for my appointmentI was told he was not in and that I would have to see his PA. I intentionally waited 3 weeks to see Dr. Martinez and was very frustrated and disappointed with the switch. This is not professional and I do not feelthe PA has the same qualifications or experience. The office should have called me about the change to see if I wanted to change my appointment. I WIll NOT go back.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2013

Good luck getting seen, even if you decide to go here. First of all the phone number doesn't work...endless automatated message.! Walk-ins are welcome, but be prepared to wait, like probably an hour or so. It doesn't seem to help either if you take the time and make an appointment. I would change, but don't think my insurance has another PCP in Boerne.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2011

Dr. Martinez is experienced, professional and very knowledgeable. His clinic is open to walk-ins and open on Sat a.m. He has had a turnover of staff physicians.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2010

This Physician has many personal issues, If you are a woman steer clear. His staff is kind but aware of his issues with women. His care is nominal at best. He sleeps with staff and patients alike.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2008

Look his staff is human and very busy so keep that in mind. His office is not the cleanest but not dirty either. But I will say, Dr. Martinez is fantastic. He really cares about his profession, his patients and his staff. He listens to me, respects my instincts as a mother and my kids like him. He also helps patients regardless of income, residency and status. THAT means a lot to me!!!! He takes his oath seriously. I respect him.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2008

My husband likes Dr. Martinez and has used him for years. I have used him but found that he treats women differently and not as well so I do not use him any more. His staff is nice. We always have to wait but not very long.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2007

Dr. Richard E. Martinez's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of Texas Medical School At San Antonio (Grad. 1982)

Oxford