Ratings for Dr. Shanti R. Martinez

She is very unprofessional did not want to hear anything about my condition only what my problem was right now. Asked me how I was going to pay when I told her it was a work related injury. She spent less than 3 min with me. When the nurse gave me my diagnostic papers it was not signed and did not have the right diagnosis written down. When I asked two receptionist is she was a PA or a Doctor one of them had to go ask as they did not know. I was given an injection for pain and told to wait for the doctor to come back in. I waited 20 min and she never came back. A lady came in gave me my paper work and pointed me down the hall to the receptionist desk. When I walked out Dr Shanti was holding a discussion with two of the staff about Nemo and Dory from a cartoon movie, Nemo. If I ever go back to a Northwest Medical Center Urgent care. I will surely turn and leave.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2014

Very unprofessional doctor. Misdiagnosed my teenage son and had us transported to an ER and pumped full of unnecessary medications. What ever happened to the Hippocratic oaths physician's take to "do no harm"???

flag | Submitted January 19, 2014

Dr. Martinez is very helpful when you can get to her. The problem is with her staff. They are very rude and unhelpful. I will start going to her office again if she fires everyone she works with and hires people who are friendly.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2009

she is plesant and knows her stuff - has a good way with people

flag | Submitted May 5, 2009

Dr. Martinez has to work on her professional manners. She was my doctor awhile ago and the experience was not good. She seemed to doubt my medical records, question my reasons for the medicines prescribed by my specialists and generally have a "attitude" towards me when I came for an appointment. Maybe it was due to my Medicaid status or maybe it was due to her hormones when she was pregnant. I hope that she has changed her attitude, for her present patients.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2008

Dr. Martinez is very friendly and helpful. She is kind and her calm demeanor puts patients at ease. I felt very involved in the entire process- more like a partner than a patient. She seems genuinely to enjoy what she does.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2007

Dr. Shanti R. Martinez's Credentials

• Baylor College Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)