Ratings for Dr. Barry Klyde

I have been a patient of Doctor Klyde for 23 years. Having had radiation treatments at age 2 months my endocrine issues were complex at age 45 and he addressed them all with great success. He has essentially become my regular doctor dealing with my hypertension and such with amazing accuracy and results. My daughter and a cousin and several friends had complicated medical problems and after being evaluated by Doctor Klyde they each were referred to specialists of high quality who resolved their problems. Some of his referrals are within the group that practices a Cornell Weill, as does Doctor Klyde, but others were at hospitals such as Memorial Sloan Kettering where he does not practice but where he knew of the best person for the issue at hand. If you are experiencing endocrine problems or for that matter any medical problem of some complexity he is the guy to see and he is the guy who can refer you to the best specialist in NYC to see for your situation. He is quite, calm and extremely thorough. Refreshing in this day and age.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2015

I disagree with any negative reviews here. Dr klyde is a mild mannered and soft spoken man but he is an excellent doctor. I have a very complicated endocrine medical history and dr klyde spent over two hours with me extensively reviewing my health issues. He is the best doctor that I've ever had and has been the ONLY doctor who was able to diagnose my thyroid issues accurately. At first he seems distant but that is just because he is thinking deeply about the medical issues that you're presenting to him. He is extremely deliberate in how he treats his patients and does not just use the typical protocol that other doctors use. He treats me each time as an individual and has always been exceptionally compassionate and kind. In addition, if you ever need any other types of doctors he goes above and beyond to find you the right doctor to fit your problem/condition. He is the best doctor I've ever had and I give him my highest recommendation. Victoria M

flag | Submitted June 6, 2014

Very odd and uncomfortable experience with this doctor. I am okay with the fact that he lacks empathy and appropriate social/interpersonal skills, but I think he diagnoses every patient with an endocrine disorder. Is it a case of "every hammer finds a nail" or something more pernicious. He was poised to put me on Synthroid which somehow did not sit quite right based on my history. Instead of jumping to fill the script, I sought out two other opinions with an open mind. Strikingly, two other independent labs (Quest and Mt. Sinai) found no evidence of thyroid irregularities in my blood work.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2013

I was disappointed. I don't feel he cares about patients that much. For the amount of money I paid him, it's just not worth it.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2010

Dr. Klyde is an excellent “old school” doctor hard to find these days. He spent a lot of time talking with me and helping me make lifestyle changes as well as prescriptions to help me deal with my ailment. I thank him so much and recommend him to all my friends.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2007

Dr. Barry Klyde's Credentials

• Stanford University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1974)

Commercial Insurance Company