Ratings for Dr. Sylvia A. Owen

I find Dr. Owen to be competent, caring and thorough. She takes time to care for her patients both physically and emotionally. She takes the time to make sure her patients understand their diagnosis fully before leaving the patient room. I give her an extremely high recommendation.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2014

Dr. Owen provided excellent care for me and helps me to my preference. I give her and excellent review and I suggest her to anyone who has dermatology needs.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2008

Dr. Owen did not seem to be at all focused on what she was scheduled to be doing medically - she seemed to have her mind on something pressing. Her practice of using a reusable pen/marker on unscrubbed skin concerned me in terms of risk for nosocomial infection and her knowledge or caring about that. I also did not notice her scrubbing the site with any kind of antiseptic, neither before or after marking. The marker was recapped but not disposed of. Dr. Owen did the 'prep' herself, not the nurse. Because I was alone with the doctor at the time, I did not feel comfortable questioning her moves right before she was going to cut me open. So in terms of my perception of risk for infection and overall comfort with procedure and with the doctor personally, I did not rate this doctor highly and I would not recommend her to others.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2007

Dr. Sylvia A. Owen's Credentials

• Duke University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Kalispell, MT