Ratings for Dr. Kenneth M. Ellner

I have lived in Allanta for nearly four decades and have seen many dermatologists over the years. Without question, Dr. Ellner is one of the most thorough, compassionate, and friendly doctors I have ever seen. The office is efficient and well-managed. I highly recommend him for both adults and teenagers.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Ellner for many years, and he is undoubtedly the best doctor of any kind I have ever seen. I have never had any issues with him or his staff. They are all kind, friendly and professional. I actually look forward to seeing Dr. Ellner, even though I often require minor surgeries. He keeps my mind occupied with his wonderful personality and humorous and interesting conversation while he is doing what he needs to do, which under other circumstances could cause me anxiety. He fully explains everything to me about any conditions and recommends appropriate treatments that resolve the issues. He does any needed tests and refers to a surgeon when necessary. Dr. Ellner and his staff are very helpful with any questions I might have about my treatment and insurance coverage. I am so grateful that I am his patient. My son has also been to see him and loves his personality! Excellent rating from this family in all factors. My wish would be that Dr. Ellner remain my dermatologist for the remainder of my life.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2015

When calling for an appointment the phone was promptly answered and the only delay in scheduling was working out an appointment time with my personal schedule. I was a few minutes early for my appointment and barely had time to open a magazine I selected in the waiting room before being called. The nurse who greeted me was genuinely kind and professional. Dr. Ellner was in to see me before I finished the first page of the magazine article that was interesting. I brought the magazine with me as with most others doctors I might finish an article or even twqo before they come in. Dr. Ellner spent as much time as needed with me talking through my concerns in an appropriately personal and professional nature. It was one of the most enjoyable medical appointments I have been to in a very long time. The nurse called in my prescriptions without my asking which was fabulous. All I need to do is head to the pharmacy for pickup with no wait time needed. With a busy schedule that is much appreciated!

flag | Submitted August 18, 2014

I saw Dr. Ellner 3 times and the 1st 3 times, he was awesome, very knowledgeable, very thorough. I needed a medical exclusion for my med and another office faxed over the wrong information. I went into the Dr's office on either the 10th or 11th of December and asked to speak with a nurse or office manager because I just needed to fax my medical records and had the fax number in my hand. Someone came out and said that the Dr. would like to speak with me so I went into patient room 2. The Dr. came in and started screaming at me and his quote "What do you want and Why are you here". I explained what I needed and he became more beligerant and said they faxed everything and it was my ins companies word against his. I stated that I didn't ask to speak with him and that I just needed to pass off the fax number. He asked me what I would do if he showed up at my house and I said I would let you in. He stated that I was in his house and that he had just come from vacation 5 or 6 hours ago. (next)

flag | Submitted December 13, 2013

Very smart and knowledgeable. I've had two instances within a couple of weeks where his staff went above and beyond to work me into Dr. Ellner's schedule due to complications. Dr. Ellner was very pleasant, explains issue in terms in which a patient can understand. I've had nothing but great care from both Dr. Ellner and his staff.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2013

He is nice and smart and funny. My family and friends look forward to our visits.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2011

My whole family sees Dr. Ellner for derm, and we love him. He is knowledgeable, kind and concerned

flag | Submitted March 1, 2011

Had a terrible time when trying to get my daughter on Accutane. for acne. Laws require teenage girls to be counseled regarding birth control but he wouldn't do it and couldn't find a GYN who would do it without giving her an exam which we didn't want since my daughter was only 14! Finally asked to see another Dr in the practice and he said down and talked to her and signed off on the requirement. I thought Dr. E. was condescending and gruff. We have switched permanently to other Dr in practice. Also their staff is fairly clueless. There are time limits on the Accutane prescriptions and the staff consistently forgot to enter the information for the government requirements online. They ask for patient information EVERY time you go in, even if you were there one week before. If there was another dermatologist practice close to us, I'd go the them instead.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2009

I think he's a great and smart doc. I use him for all my family, and he's very caring and responsive, although he's a fast speaker. Would definitely recommend him

flag | Submitted October 13, 2008

front desk messes up appointments, does not return calls, does not call insurance for approval, does not seem to care about the patient.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2007

Dr. Kenneth M. Ellner's Credentials

• Baylor College Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)

Top Hospitals in Alpharetta, GA