Ratings for Dr. Asaf Ferber

Everything about him and his office is amazing ! If you are looking for an obgyn look no further. It doesn't get any better. He is patient, kind, gentle, and honest.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2017

Dr. Ferber is a wonderful doctor in every possible way. His office runs like clockwork--I have never had to wait more than five minutes to be called into a room. My blood pressure is taken, I change, and in another five minutes he appears. He is quite magical--from his charming smile and comforting demeanor to his clearly professional (yet kind) approach, he puts you at ease from the minute you see him. You know you are being well taken care of. I have no special problems, but see him for a routine checkup once a year. He remembers me and greets me with genuine warmth, noting any changes he sees during the exam. What might be a stressful visit is never less than a pleasure. I don't know how he manages to never cause a moment's pain during his examination, but somehow it's over before I know it and not a twinge. When he heard that my internist suspected a urinary infection at my recent visit, but would be out of town briefly, he insisted upon running his own test (via lab) and called me personally to give me the results and talk about what kind of medication to prescribe. He then called it in to my pharmacy. Wow! If you are in the process of choosing a new OBGYN, I hope you choose Dr. Ferber--he is a jewel.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

I recently referred a friend pregnant with twins to Dr. Ferber and I have to say that was the best decision she made for what turned out to be a complicated pregnancy.I have yet to see a physician who cares so much about his patients (and I work with physicians so I do not make this comment lightly). It felt throughout the pregnancy as if Dr. Ferber was caring for a family member as he was involved in every single step of the pregnancy. 7 months into the pregnancy my friend was hospitalized and was on bed rest for a month. Dr. Ferber literally was in the hospital every single day (even weekends) just to assure her that the babies would be healthy and made sure she was monitored 24/7. Even after they were delivered, Dr. Ferber drove over an hour into the city on the weekend to make sure they were getting the best care in the NICU.Funny, but as I have met more patients that have used Dr. Ferber in their pregnancy..I keep hearing stories much like my own.He is definitely a rare find.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2014

After 10 years at the same practice I recently had to switch to Dr. Ferber because my amazing OB/GYN left . I referred him my best friend who is pregnant with twins and first the receptionist was extremely rude and said she could not find her appointment when I was with her when she made it. Dr. Ferber kept her waiting for a hour and a half after her ultrasound and kept arguing with receptionist in front of my friend that he was not going to see her based on that she supposedly did not have an appointment. After an hour and a half I asked to speak to the office manager after seeing Dr. Ferber fighting with office staff on why my friend got in to see him. The office manager took us in her office and said sorry to my friend Dr. Ferber does not want to see you because you have Oxford and he no longer is taking Oxford in January. So we asked why we waited 1 hour and a half, why my friend had an ultrasound and most importantly why anyone did not tell us this upon making an appointment

flag | Submitted July 24, 2013

We were referred to Dr. Ferber by our friends during our first pregnancy. It was important for us to find an experienced and compassionate physician with the specialty in high-risk pregnancy and Dr. Ferber met all three criteria for sure. Our first pregnancy, unfortunately, ended with miscarriage. Dr. Ferber was out of town on that day, but he cut his trip short and came to the hospital to check on my wife the same day. The second pregnancy was successful and we now have a beautiful baby girl. Dr. Ferber was with us during every step always reassuring and available via email and by phone for questions. We ended up doing a C-section in the end, but felt comfortable with his recommendation as we trusted that this was the best option under the circumstances. In summary, Dr. Ferber is a truly amazing physician, whom we can highly recommend.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2011

flag | Submitted May 10, 2011

I am very satisfied with the doctor and his crew. I was nervous during visits as I lost my previous pregnancy with twins, but he calmed me, proved that I need to forget about what was before and concentrate on the current pregnancy. I got a healthy baby on Sept 14,2010. All appointments on time, had to come many times with as I thought emergencies, he always saw me. His stuff is amazing, knowledgeable and helpful. I want to mention Sandra ,his nurse. Finally, I gave birth 2 days earlier than scheduled, doctor sent me to Lenox , calling there in advance, where doctor Strongin was on duty - very good doctor as well, they work together and can cover for each other. I never worried , I will be giving birth with the doctor, who doesnt' know me. I highly recommend them both ,dr Ferber and dr.Strongin

flag | Submitted May 9, 2011

Dr. Ferber is AMAZING! I had twins with many complications throughout my pregnancy and he always had the ability to calm me down, talk through any of mine or my husbands concerns and when my water broke 6 weeks early and he was not on call, someone at LHH called him on his cell phone and he came over to deliver my babies. I cried when I saw him because I couldn't believe that he would do that for me - and his answer was, "of course I would be here for you." Had gone to others in his practice and in my opinion, there is no comparison!! He is AMAZING!

flag | Submitted December 17, 2010

I had IVF and was very nervous throughout my pregnancy due to an early bleed which continued to the 16th week. Dr. Ferber was fantastic and I always felt calmer after seeing him. If I could have custom made a Dr. to meet my needs it was surely him! He was upbeat and very caring.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2010

Dr. Ferber is the BEST!He is nice, smart.He delivered my son.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2010