Ratings for Dr. Steve J. Carabine

Terrible experience with Dr. Carabine taking care of my father following a routine outpatient gallbladder removal by laparoscopy. He failed to acknowledge bile leak which caused sepsis multiple times ultimately contributing to his death after months of pain and suffering in and out of the hospital. Would never advise anyone to have him as a surgeon!!

flag | Submitted April 30, 2017

Bedside manner is atrocious. Doesn't take time, no compassion. Did not insert a drain when it was very evident that it should have been done. Did not acknowledge the need after the fact rather made excuses. The experience we had was such that we would go pretty much anywhere else for any future surgical needs.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2015

flag | Submitted March 16, 2013

Carabine is a very knowledgeable doctor. He is very good at what he does. At first it takes some time to get used to his quick visits, but that doesn't mean he doesn't care. He is my number one surgeon. Carabine takes good care of me.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2012

I had surgery with him and although I had heard good comments about his skill and knowledge I was not impressed with his bedside manner. When I had complications from my surgery he was not very helpful or supportive. The office staff was very good and helpful.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2008

Dr. Steve J. Carabine's Credentials

• University Of Utah School Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)