Ratings for Dr. George W Tawil

An excellent doctor. Diagnosed my condition based on a blood test and gave me the appropriate medication.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2011

Dr. Tawil is arrogant to the point of imperiousness. He pushed me to undergo an unnecessary outpatient surgery (which I declined), failed to explain (as my wonderful new doctor did) that it is standard practice to wait some weeks for kidney stones to resolve on their own before resorting to more invasive procedures, provided scant educational information (about either kidney stones or the invasive procedure) and neglected to prescribe pain medicine or flomax (which substantially increases the odds that kidney stones will pass through one's system). If you have any respect for yourself or your body, DON'T waste your time with this physician.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2010

I have had only one interaction with Dr. Tawil and this was in a hospital setting, so I have no knowledge of his office staff (which I rated a 4 just to give them the benefit of the doubt) and minimal knowledge of his medical knowledge (ditto). I probably would not even have bothered to rate the doctor, except that his comment (after a 45-minute wait to see him), "I don't work for you; I work for myself," rankled. I find it a telling insight into his apparent philosophy of medical practice. So much for patient-centered care.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2010

My primary care doctor sent me to him with several kidney stone. He scheduled me to have the shattered. He showed up 2.5 hours late and the said he couldn't see any stones. Pain is still there. Needless to say, I'm looking for a new doctor!

flag | Submitted March 12, 2009

good

flag | Submitted October 21, 2007

Dr. George W Tawil's Credentials

• American Univ Of Beirut, Fac Of Med, Beirut, Lebanon (Grad. 1973)

Henry Ford / HAP