Ratings for Dr. Liesly Lee

I've been with this Dr. since 2013 to Sept. 2017. He helped a lot when I went to Sunnybrook with a massive inflammation in my nerve system (I couldn't walk at all). I kept me on prednisone since 2013 same dosage 25 mg and I have to say my condition improved 75% but never as before, I used to ask him when my condition will improve his answer always was, you have a permanent damage in your spine that can not be repair . Last Sept 2017 I have a stroke so I went to Sunnybrook, over there Dr. Lee gave me 5000 mg of prednisone IV , after I finished prednisone my legs got so swollen I couldn't even touch myself, never seen a person having a stroke and getting better with prednisone, Dr. Lee thank you, but you are nobody compare to God! you couldn't kill me .

flag | Submitted April 28, 2018

We trust you. We appreciate your advice and excelent care you offer to my daughter during the last 6 years. Thank you .

flag | Submitted October 24, 2017

I fully trust Dr. Lee with my MS care. He has been my neurologist for close to 20 years and all his direction and advice has been excellent

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

Terrible neurologist. Will not give you options. Is very biased in his opinions. Will most likely decline any treatment option you request.doctors like him should not be practicing.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2017

Dr. Lee has been my MS specialist for almost 13 years now. No, he won't hold your hand. Yes, he is a professional and you should expect his service to reflect that. I find the staff friendly and knowledgeable. They always return my calls promptly (which are few and far between). I trust Dr. Lee with my care.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

Terrible neurologist. Not enough choice even in Toronto means patients get stuck with doctors like this. Avoid if at all possible.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2015

My husband has MS and has been with Dr.Lee for many years now. True, he will not hold your hand through your challenges and they do run a very busy office as is the case IN EVERY MEDICAL SITUATION THESE DAYS. You have to be your own best advocate in this day and age in the Ontario health system - no matter what medical doctor or facility you find yourself with. Dr Lee's office, though not always reachable exactly when YOU need them, will return your calls and take appropriate action within an acceptable time frame (a few days from leaving a message for example). Remember as a patient, there are MANY other patients just like you and everyone wants to be dealt with first. Human nature, I'll chalk it up to that of course. Also true, your GP will be able to help you with things that Dr. Lee may not have to be seen for. Good health for all!

flag | Submitted August 6, 2014

I've had Dr. Lee as my specialist for MS for the last 8 years. As others have mentioned, he's not going to hold your hand and his team isn't going to coddle you. He and his team *are* friendly, polite and extremely knowledgeable. They are responsive and always get back to me right away if I leave a message. I wouldn't want to have any other doctor taking care of my condition.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2013

When I saw him my history was taken for the first time by a medical student who wasn't even a neurology specialist and who nothing about MS. How on earth is a specialist suppose to assess the situation with any patient under such circumstances? Decision on treatment with second hand history filtered through a medical student. No thanks.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2012

Dr. Liesly Lee is a fantastic doctor, he addresses the medical issue(s), brings a wealth of education and always provides a list of options for treatment. All of his staff are amazing- if you have any negative experiences with Dr. Lee- look in the mirror! Instead of seeking medical advise, you are most likely looking for a doctor to agree with you and run a course of treatment that you want!

flag | Submitted March 1, 2012