Ratings for Dr. Paul Sabiston

Surgery performed on both knees is excellent. Highly recommend Dr. Sabiston.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2013

Sabiston is an excellent and professional surgeon. The office staff could do a better job, as I was told I would have surgery in Feb. and would hear about 4-6 weeks prior as to the exact date. Not having heard by Jan 1, I contacted the office to find that only three dates remained in March!!! It pays to be proactive. The staff in Physio at LGH are fabulous. I met my goal of walking and playing 9 holes of golf exactly two months after surgery.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2013

This is the worst doctor I met for 20 years in the Vancouver area. Although I had an appointment which I was waiting for a few months, Dr. Sabiston refused helping me. I wonder how people with such low professional ethics can be allowed to practice.

Submitted June 19, 2013

This is one terrific ortho specialist, very positive about your outcome and my outcome was very good, too! I'm going back 11 years after my initial orthoscopic knee surgery that Dr S. thought would hold me for 5 or so years - it's been 11, going on 12 now. Thanks, Dr Sabiston.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2012

Excellent surgeon, great communicator. Now working on my second total knee replacement. First was absolutely excellent (after pain subsided). Was able to resume skiing and golf. I am hopin the second will work as well. So far, so good.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2011

My mother had a complete knee replacement performed in March 2011. We were referred to Dr Sabiston by our family doctor, who told us he was one of the best. Doing our own research, we found that Dr Sabiston *created* the joint replacement program at LGH (consisting of pre-surgery assessments and meetings, surgery, and post-op therapy). Having accompanied my mother at every step, I saw first-hand how well this program has been put together. Dr Sabiston takes his job very seriously, is friendly and approachable, and did a fine job on my mother's knee. We're extremely satisfied with the attention my mother received in his care. ps: ALL (no exaggeration) of the nurses and therapists we worked with at LGH (15 to 20 individuals) were INCREDIBLE.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2011

I tried to get an appointment with Dr Sabiston using a referral from my family doctor. I know he is well known and well repected but his receptionist is incredibly rude and not helpful and possibly incompetent as I had to follow up on the referral. Maybe its time for her to get another job.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2008

He gave me a total knee replacement that has n"t given me any trouble at all.Dr.Sabiston is a very bright man who seems to have mastered his ART!I just hope WE don"t lose this gifted man/surgeon due to a lack of a challenge!He is the best Knee man around,forget the private clinic drs.Sabiston is the MAN!

flag | Submitted March 10, 2008

I've been a patient of Dr. Sabiston's for many years, and after having a dislocating patella which caused many bad falls and much pain, I have not had a serious dislocation since the last major surgery. He was the first to recognize that it was my poor bone structure (very little patellar groove) that was causing the trouble, and performed a tibial tubercle transfer with lateral release. This has been immensely helpful. Would highly recommend Dr. Sabiston, and as such he is my son's doctor also. My only complaint would be the long wait time, almost two years for an appointment, but worth it in the end.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2007