Ratings for Dr. Jesse Chew

Dr. Jesse Chew : Excellent doctor for cataract surgery , I had cataract operations, results very successful Highly recommended ,Thank you very much Dr, Chew,

flag | Submitted April 14, 2016

He is cold and not friendly. When you asked him question, the answer was very short and he seems he was in rush so you can't ask for next question. The only good thing is there is no crowd, he comes out on time, the check up was done in a couple of minutes. Without patient around and the check up was so short, so you can tell how good he is!

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

I went to see Dr. Chew for a few bothersome cysts on my eyelids. He removed them within 1/2 hour with minimal discomfort. He is (like his father) very efficient, kind and quiet and straight forward. I am looking forward to having my cataracts removed and lenses replaced with no hesitation whatsoever - I trust him implicitly. Highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2014

My daughter (21) an I (53) are both Dr. Chew's patients. He is kind and professional during the exam (many eye doctors seem like they are bored to death testing vision). He did my cataract surgery and I enjoy spectacular results and do not wear glasses after being myopic for 45 years. He will be my doctor for life. His receptionist is very helpful and cheerful and encouraged me not to be afraid of the surgery.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2014

flag | Submitted June 19, 2013

Many of the comments made here are negative. I read them before going to my appointment and wondered what I was in for. This man has no time to explain anything and as a patient, you get the feeling that he is not interested and rushed. Hopefully, he is not the same way with his operations. I won't be going back to him, as I don't want to lose my vision! Way too precious to be fooled around with. I waited 2 months to see him; don't waste your time!

flag | Submitted April 24, 2013

First, I have no respect for people that make comments be they positive or negative and unwilling to give their name about Dr Chew. If you don't have the intestinal fortitude (guts) to do this...why bother! Moving on...I am a current patient of Dr Chew and he has done cataract surgery on both my eyes, the last being on the 19th of February. When I first met Dr Chew I quickly realized that he is a no nonsense surgeon ie don't waste my time. He advised me as to what was going to happen each time. During surgery he kept talking to me as to how it was going which made me feel comfortable. Now that all the surgery has been completed Dr Chew wants to see me in a month and at that time he will do a final examination of both eyes and decide if I need new glasses. On a final note...my eyesight has greatly improved and have absolutely no problem in recommending him. John MacDonald, Vancouver.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2013

I was expecting to see a retinologist. I was him and was expected to be further refer to a retinologist. I mention my glasses need to be changed, I have been told no everything is fine I can keep them. I did know that was very wrong. Few weeks later I when just to an optometrist for a new prescription. I shortly found out my glasses need to be increase of 1.25. This is the worst eye specialist I ever meet and I do have glasses for 30 years.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2013

I have worn glasses since grade 3. Had my cataracts removed and now I don't have to wear glasses. He tested my eyes, he's very fast, but the results are very good. I'm 70 years and it's great to be free of glasses. The staff where very good and friendly. I have no hesitation in recommending him. Your's truly, Brian Patteson

flag | Submitted December 7, 2012

I had a cateract surgery by Dr. Chew. Something went wrong during the procedure, which I know Dr. Chew saw, as it was also noticed and commented by the nurse. Nothing was said to me, during or after the sugery. I tried to get to talk to the Doctor on the phone a few days later, but had to make an appointment, which was over a week later. I went to my own doctor who immediately sent me to another specialist. The short version of the story is that now, 5 mth later, I have partly lost my peripheral vision, have triple vision in what little is left of the peripheral field, extreme sensitivity to light, and headaches in my eye socket. I am very unhappy with Dr. Chew and his staff at the office.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2012