Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey A. Winfield

my son's hydrocephalous was found on an ultrasound when I was 30 weeks pregnant and we were sceduled with Dr. Winfield through the High Risks Birth clinic. Twice during OB appointments, without prior notice, he came to thier office to see us and spent as much time as we needed and answered all our questions. When we entered the hospital for shunt placement when my son was 4 months old, one of the nurses told me "If it was my child, I would want Dr. Winfield to do the surgery." The night after my sons VP shunt was put in, he spiked a post surgery temp, and Dr. Winfield came into to the hospital in the middle of the night to see him when the nurses called him about the temp. My son has never had an ounch of trouble with his shunt, and he is now a normal, obnoxious 15 year old. Years later, after I became a nurse, I had the opportunity to work with Dr. Winfield on the Peds floor at Crouse Hospital, and I would recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted April 1, 2011

This Dr saw my daughter for symptoms of increased intracranial pressure.She previously had a vp shunt that was removed elsewhere do to infection. It was left out to see if she could live without it since she originally got it placed do to brain tunmor that was removed.He spent time talking with us, but did not seem knowledgeable about hydrocephalus.Spent a lot of time talking about things that were not medical.He dismissed her problems and said she needed no follow up.Refused to even do a lumbar puncture to check her pressures. Went to another dr and he did LP which showed her pressures were through the roof!Long story short, she had a vp shunt placed and her symptoms improved. I would not recommend this dr for hydrocephalus.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2010

My appointment was at 1:30 p.m. My wife and I arrived 1 hour early, Instead of making us wait, Dr. Winfield saw us at 12:40. Spent about 45 minutes with us and was very, very helpful and professional. He answered all of our questions and explained the pros and cons of having an L4-L5 microdisectomy.. I went to him for a second opinion and and having the operation June 10, 2009. I highly recommend Dr. Winfield as a surgeon and as a consulant.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2009

This doctor told me I was a "perfect candidate" for disc replacement surgery. Told me to go to pain management to get my fibromyalgia under control and come back when it was. It could not be controlled. My Pain doc wanted to talk to him about doing the surgery anyway because he thought maybe it would break the pain cycle. When my pain doc called him about the surgery he was told I had been "discharged" as a patient and there was no plan for surgery. He must have realized I had medicaid. I found him to be arrogant also. I waited over an hour past my appointment time and he spoke to me like It was my fault I had a bad disc. Also told me i was depressed...like I didn't know.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2009

My initial visit with Dr Winfield was better than I expected. He was very helpful understanding and sincere.I am definitely going back to see him.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2009

Dr Winfield was extremely rude and offered me no help at all.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2008

Cervical fusion done on 8/6/08. I also have a diagnoses of cervical dystonia. He seemed very knowledgeable about it. It's only been two weeks and I feel very good. I would highly recommend Dr. Winfield. He spent a lot of time explaining the surgery and follow up in the hospital was excellent.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2008

Dr.Winfield performed surgery on me in 1993 for ACM-1. His personality is not for everyone, but I found him to be someone I could talk to; he has a great way with family. Very thorough initial exam with lots of explanations. I had an excellent outcome and have not needed any follow-up surgery.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2008

When my son was 10 years old he was diagnosed with a brain tumor. Dr. Winfield explained the situation in a way that my family could understand and was very knowledgable. He put my fears to rest and my son is now 17 years old, tumor free, and healthy. I can't express enough gratitude to this wonderful physician. His staff is the best around!!!! Dr. Winfield needed to refer my son to another Dr. recently and I am devistated in not having him care for my son. The best Neurosurgen around.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2008

I saw Dr Winfield for back surgery late in 2007. I didn't wait long to see him, he reviewed my back problems to me and he spent a decent amount of time explaining the non-surgical options to me. (I've waited much longer to see other doctors, resulting in my only seeing them once! I am a professional and my time is valuable too!) I opted for surgery and felt great after the surgery. He also treated my husband several years ago and my husband has been doing great since his surgery. I can put up with a little arrogance if it means that I'm getting the best doctor!

flag | Submitted May 5, 2008

Dr. Jeffrey A. Winfield's Credentials

• A Einstein Coll Of Med Of Yeshiva Univ, Bronx Ny 10461 (Grad. 1980)

Workers Comp