Ratings for Dr. D. GENE MacK

In the 21 years that Dr Gene has treated my children, he has had to deal with everything from sickness to stitches and hospital beds to midnight emergency calls from a hysterical mother. And in all these years I could not have chosen a better Doctor. My son was admitted into the hospital at four months old. Dr Gene was attending an out of town conference but he called the hospital every single day for a week to check on my baby and get an update on his condition. Then there is the time when your twelve year old daughter thinks she is overweight and insists on dieting. Dr Gene is the ONLY person she would take advice from. So he sits down with her and explains everything from thyroid tests to eating healthy to exercising. He is more than a knowledgeable physician, he is a caring person.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2013

I just love Dr. Donald Mack, Sr. He is very thorough and he listens. My son was hospitalized at 9 months old with the measles. Dr. Mack took excellent care of him. He really cares about the children and the family. And I like how he says "God bless you" at the end of the visit. He's the #1 pediatrician in my book!!

flag | Submitted July 30, 2010

Both father and son, Dr Donald Mack and Dr Gene Mack, have seen my 3 children. My husband has not changed jobs because we don't want anyone else to see our children! They both have a wonderful bedside manner and you can tell they love children. He has always taken the extra time to make sure all of my questions were answered.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2009

Dr mack was instrumental in diagnosing/treating my child with rheumatic fever. His father treated me, my sister and all the children in my family. Dr Mack Sr is a wonderful caring doctor as is his son, Dr Gene Mack. Dr Gene is always very open to discussion with me about any questions I have, no matter how trivial.He has never appeared rushed, distracted or unconcerned and I am always made to feel my child is the most important thing on his mind. He is very thorough and knowledgable, kind and patient. He and his staff are always very friendly and professional. I work in a physician's office in an unrelated facility so I understand how difficult it is to maintain that level of care. You would be lucky to have Dr Mack as your child's pediatrician. Excellent.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2008

This doctor has treated both of my children since my youngest was born 18 years ago. Dr. Gene is most caring considerate doctor I have ever dealt with. When both my children and I were sick,he treated the all of us so that I wouldn't have to get back out to get myself treated. When my son had severe respiratory problems, Dr. Gene trained me to give his breathing treatments so that we didn't have to spend time in the hospital. Dr. Gene always ordered adequate tests to diagnose but never ordered excessive tests. His costs were never excessive. This doctor thinks about both his patients and their family as evidenced by his long hours and total devotion.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2008

Vey knowledgeable. Spent time with patient and parent. Personable and answers all questions. Good atmosphere, prompt service. Excellent doctor.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2008

When my baby was born, the pediatrician I wanted to use was off that day, and my baby was taken care of by Dr. Mack. Dr. Mack apparently did not read my chart, as he assumed I had Group B Strep (I did not) and ordered IV antibiotics for my newborn - WITHOUT EVEN TALKING WITH ME FIRST! When the nurses brought my baby to me, he looked like a pin cushion. They stuck him numerous times trying to get an IV started for antibiotics that he did not even need. They even shaved his head to try to stick his head. When I did see Dr. Mack, I told him that I was negative for Group B strep and he didn't seem to really care. I brought home a baby that had diarrhea from the antibiotics they gave him. I definitely would not use this doctor.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2008

Dr. D. GENE MacK's Credentials

• La State Univ Sch Of Med In New Orleans, New Orleans La 70112 (Grad. 1956)

(General) - Hmo