Ratings for Dr. Joshua Gettinger

Excellent bedside manner.DR. G. treats w/ common sense medicines.He has had me use niacin and fish oil for my cholesterol and triglycerides for at least 4 yrs.w/excellent results.Not many physicians are going to prescribe these meds and they are safer than rx meds..My only complaint about all MD's is that they spend little time w/you on your visit.That's why they order expensive tests as they save time.Today a physician has to see a lot of patients, to make the same money they made years ago,seeing a few patients.I think Dr. G., is a much better than average physician, due to his common sense approach to medicine.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2009

Dr Gettinger delivered my last two babies. He also diagnosed my overactive thyroid. I really like him as a doctor. The wait to see him is usually very long. I would reccommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2008

This Dr. fusses at patients. He did not give my yearly Rxs,only part, & seemed to try & find stuff to fuss at me about. I told him my heart was racing, & he didn't even ck my pulse rate, & said "It sounds awfully still now," like he didn't believe me. His demeanor got worse. I was in severe pain & he refused to even look at symptoms. I had to see a surgeon due to being so miserable & my gallbladder was hardly working when I had the HIDA scan, & this Dr. was making me wait another month almost, did not listen to me. The surgeon said my gallbladder had to come out as soon as possibble so we wouldn't have to be concerned with dangerous emergency surgery. Dr. Gettinger's nurse said that I just had a normal ultrasound....duh Well that was not enough in my case & could have been dangerous had I not gone to this surgeon for help. I thought I was having a heart attack!In addition, this Dr. did not want me to opinionate. He said more or less, my way or the highway & kicked me out as a patient!

flag | Submitted October 18, 2007

Dr. Joshua Gettinger's Credentials

• University Of California, San Francisco School Of Medicine (Grad. 1976)