Ratings for Dr. Anita Wolke

My visit to Dr. Wolke was frustrating and disappointing. 1. My appointment was at 1:30pm. I arrived early to complete my paperwork then sat in the waiting room for 45 minutes. 2. Once she came to see me she did NOT listen to me. I told her what I needed and she said because of my age, I needed to see her husband for a cardio stress test before she would do anything for me. Even though I just completed a 100 mile bike ride, she told me that because of my age, there is probably something wrong with my heart. She did no tests to diagnose this condition. 3. I tried to tell her my stomach was causing me distress. She diagnosed me with a hernia and gave me a prescription and sent me on my way (visit was 10 minutes long) 4. Stopped at the pharmacy to pick up my prescription, she forgot to call it in. I called her office 5 minutes before her posted close time and the office was already empty. I would NOT recommend this doctor. She does not care, has zero sympathy, and was only interested in the insurance I carry.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2014

flag | Submitted August 20, 2014

Dr. Wolke is OK doc. Nothing outstanding. Office is ugly. Staff is poor, they never call you back. She is probably knowledgeable enough, I haven't noticed anything special. Just a reg. doc., I would never give her more than 3 points. Not even one for the office and staff. She didn't help me and didn't try to. Though, she had charged my insurance.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2012

Dr. Wolke is amazing. She is very friendly and gives her full attention everytime I am seen by her. I never feel like I have been rushed through my office visit. The nursing staff and front desk staff were very helpfual aswell. I had a few questions regarding my copay and insurance and when the receptionist could not answer the question she immediately got help. Very nice to know that this office isnt like most offices that tell patients just what they want to hear. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted November 4, 2010

I was dissatisfied with this doctor. She did not recommend the correct timeframe to return for my next colonoscopy.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2010

Very knowledgeable and not afraid to have another doctor check you out. I feel very comfortable with her and recommend her highly.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2009

Hard to speak to live person on phone. Wonderful personality; think she is personally wonderful, and very knowledgeable. Very hard to get an appointment (long-time patient)- she just has too many patients I guess. Had to have another doctor in her practice for colonoscopy when she indicated urgency at pre- op exam. Told me to stop ALL dairy and didn't suggest a followup appointment or when she would want to see me again for the problem this restriction applied to. Good luck on getting an appointment for this. Just don't feel this is good patient care, although I relly like her. I am sorrowfully considering leaving her practice for these reasons after about 20 years with her.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2009

Just the best! In all ways: extremely knowledgeable, patient, kind, gentle, accessible, fantastic results. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted October 14, 2008

Overall a very good knowledgeable doctor. However, the office can run late and it can be difficult to get staff on the phone to talk to a live person.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2007

Dr. Anita Wolke's Credentials

• Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine (Grad. 1978)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal