Ratings for Dr. Bruce M. Massaro

This doctor deserves. No stars! My mother still suffers from embedded stitches from surgery by this uncaring individual. Saying 'i'm the best' doesn't make it true!

flag | Submitted October 23, 2015

Following upper eyelid surgery I had a corner clumping of skin on left eyelid. Prior to surgery he had said if there is something that needs correction following surgery, he'd take care of it. He and his assistant claim they didn't see it! Ridiculous ...other doctors brought it up to me. Pathetic that they try to make one feel as though they're overreacting. Not a man of his word. Would not recommend.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2015

Dr. Massaro tightened my eyelids because I had what was known as scleral-show. Let me just tell you - my eyes are now two completely different sizes. They are so asymmetrical! Dr. Massaro refuses to help me even though ever other oculoplastic surgeon I have gone to after him is appalled by his work. Do yourself a HUGE favor and stay away from this so doctor - he is a major crook. I have to live with the unsightly consequences!

flag | Submitted April 18, 2015

After brain surgery, my right eyelid would not close completely which caused constant watering an pain in bright sunlight. Dr Massaro put a gold weight in my eyelid and now my eye closes properly and the watering and pain are gone. Why I waited 17 years to get this fixed I don't know. Several of my doctors recommended Dr Massaro because he is a specialist in eye surgery and does it every day. I highly recommend him and his staff.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015

I think its a scam. $50 to meet with you and then adds on procedures he didn't talk about. I wish I had read other reviews before wasting $50.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2014

flag | Submitted June 21, 2014

Should of correct poor eyelid surgery. Did very bad job, refuse to correct or return money. I have to pay again to get eyelids corrected in a 15 month. Staff is rude, be aware!

flag | Submitted March 11, 2013

I said I would wait to sign their waiver till he discussed the risks with me, during which, he was very snotty. He said the only risk was if I sat up while he had the needle to my eye. However my eye Dr said that there's a risk of cutting too deep, ruining elasticity of the skin & ending up with a wrinkly eyelid. Dr Massaro never mentioned this Me: Do I need to get my eyelid numbed? Him: I've done this b4. Then he put eye drops in my eye (didn't explain what they were) Me: My eyes are burning from the eye drops Him: They're numbing eye drops Me: Shouldn't they be numbing and not burning, then? Is this normal? Him: I'm now going to hold your eyelid and insert the needle to numb your eyelid Me: I'm kind of freaking out by that (already burning eyes with no explanation + impending needle to the eye!) Can I have my husband hold my hand Him: I don't have time for a panic attack. You can stop talking and hold my assistant's hand or leave

flag | Submitted September 13, 2011

I did a ton of research and went to many consults, and Dr. Massaro's portfolio was by far the best. I am 33 and I had the worst bags and dark circles under my eyes. Every morning I would look in the mirror and say to myself "good god!" Since my surgery I have not once looked in the mirror and thought that about myself. I look younger and more refreshed. After my surgery he even sent flowers! I can't say enough good things about this doctor.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2007

Dr. Bruce M. Massaro's Credentials

• Northwestern University Medical School (Grad. 1981)

HealthFirst