Ratings for Dr. Walter I. Choung

Made serious mistakes during surgery. Not personable. Rushes you out. Doesn't explain procedures well. Poor bedside manner

flag | Submitted June 18, 2008

In late 2005 Dr. Choung was unable to correctly dx my hip condition (He was unwilling to order an MRI) - all the while my hip worsening. He later refused to see me on an emergency basis and a DVT went undiagnosed longer because of it. Yet, I sat in his office while he accepted phone calls from his children to help with their spelling questions. I found this INCREDIBLY unprofessional. Finally another physician correctly diagnosed me but by then the DVT was so serious that I had to wait months for hip surgery. Also, while operating on my husband's shoulder, Dr Choung broke a bone in his arm causing a FAR bigger incision, FAR more pain & months of additional physical therapy which his insurance refused to pay for and the physician did nothing about this situation. I would NEVER recommend this doctor. PLEASE also check the records as local newspapers reported in 2006 that he had twice operated on the wrong leg on patients and, while punished for same, his license was not revoked.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2008

I had a shoulder operation at the out patient center about two months ago. He explained the procedure and answered all my questions fully. He is very friendly, knowledgeable, and technically very good. I have had no problem with my shoulder. I do know that he has been in the community for over twelve years and over the years he has helped many people. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2006

Very professional, good bedside manner. He explained the procedure and what to expect as far a pain and healing.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2006

Had a knee replacement this year. No pain now. Very professional and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2005

I had surgery on right shoulder. 21 yr. old took 2cm. of collar bone for ac seperation

flag | Submitted August 30, 2005

Dr. Walter I. Choung's Credentials

• Univ Of Nc At Chapel Hill Sch Of Med, Chapel Hill Nc 27599 (Grad. 1985)