Ratings for Dr. Walter I. Choung

I went to visit Dr. Chong's Office Dec. 5th 2012. The staff were very discourteous, unhelpful, rude,cold,impatient, uncaring and unprofessional. To me all they cared about is money, not injuried patients. Dr. Chong dealt with me brief and swiftly. He didn't answer a few of my questions about my knee in any detail. I felt they were dealing with me more, like a thing, than an actual person. I wouldn't recommend this place to anybody.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2013

Stay away from this doctor. He is more like a spoiled child than a man. Professional forget it.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2012

Not very helpful, seemed to always be in a rush and would not take the time to tell me what i should do

flag | Submitted May 2, 2011

The worst doctor so far. Arrogant, not on time, bad attitude toward patients and others and egotistic. Just don't want to know about this doc. Just want you to come back again and put more money.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2010

I have had a shoulder operation in the past and continue to see Dr Choung with some knee problems which he is treating me at this time. He and his assistant and entire staff have been great.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2010

Had knee surgery for ACL replacement. They have you come back constantly to just "look" and nothing gained by appt just more money. When I did finally have surgery, replaced ACL failed within 6 months. Will not be continuing with his services. Its annoying to be seen by him then his assistant each visit as you have to rehash your last appt each time. Reception is far from even OK. Rude, slow and unhelpful.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2010

Through 4 surgeries he has been wonderful and I'll be having a 5th one in a couple of weeks. He was highly recommended when I first went to him and I would recommend him just as highly to anyone who asks me. His physicians assistant and the rest of his staff have also been really kind, wonderful and professional. I'm probably one of the most impatient people you could ever imagine but I can honestly say I have never had to wait more than a few minutes. I have also had really good recovery times, and minimal discomfort.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2009

excellent job fixing my fiances shoulder in an emergency situation.she destroyed her shoulder fell from horse.you are one of the best thanks dr choung and all your staff is great.very nice people

flag | Submitted June 2, 2009

Dr. Choung was very professional and courteous. He did a total left knee replacement in 1999 and another right knee replacement in 2005. Both operations were successful and restored me to all normal life functions and activity, with no pain after rehab.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

Dr. Choung has always been attentive to my problems and quick to try to alleviate pain. He is also very kind yet businesslike. I had knee replacement surgery performed by Dr. Choung, no major problems, and the scar has healed very well, honestly one of the prettiest knee replacement scars I've seen!

flag | Submitted October 8, 2008

Dr. Walter I. Choung's Credentials

• Univ Of Nc At Chapel Hill Sch Of Med, Chapel Hill Nc 27599 (Grad. 1985)

HealthFirst