Ratings for Dr. Walter I. Choung

Has presented all possible options of treatment to me after explaining thoroughly my orthopedic issues. He gives good, painless steroid injections and has provided other modes of pain treatment. I have been very satisfied with my treatment by Dr. Choung. I have spoken with several of his patients as well as my husband who had had two surgeries by Dr Choung

flag | Submitted September 21, 2018

I am so very happy to have found Dr. Choung. I was living with an almost useless right hand and arm until he operated on me. He did a wonderful job and would definitely recommend him again and again. I now have mobility in my hand where it was almost gone and the healing was rapid. My neighbor, who is a retired nurse, said his stitching was as good as any plastic surgeon. I am so satisfied, that he will be doing the same operation on my left hand and arm as soon as the right is done healing. My husband and I will definitely be going to him for all orthopedic needs.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2018

Dr. Choung is an excellent doctor. He listens to what you have to say and really tackles the problem. He performed my hip replacement and did a wonderful job. I also have good friends that go to Dr. Choung and are very happy. I would recommend Dr. Choung for an orthopedic doctor.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2018

This Doctor is very rude and disrespectful when you ask him a question. Very insecure and not board certified in his specialty stay away.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2018

Never got though the door , He wants $200 ! FOR THE FIRST VISIT! And $80 Per visit there after ...What a sham, I guess if you have Very good insurance that pays everything...Or you are Rich....It would be fine , but what about the 80% that are living paycheck to paycheck

flag | Submitted December 18, 2017

I've had a hip replacement, left shoulder replacement, right shoulder repair, and total right knee replacement by Dr. Choung. I've had no problem with any of the procedures; in fact, the right knee replacement has been excellent. Surgeries were done at 7 Rivers, which has recently changed its joint replacement protocols and their new program is great. I'm still in rehab for the right knee, but began walking unassisted (cane or walker) within 18 days of the surgery.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

I have been going to Dr Choung for several years, he has done a arthrscopy on my knee also I broke my ankle which I did not know was broken he did surgery on my ankle no problems . I did exactly what Dr. Choung told me to do and I have had no problems. I have talked to people that took their cast off early and did not follow the doctors instructions and wanted to blame him for not healing properly.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2017

This Doctor messed my friends knee up badly. His skills are lacking, and yet he is still able to practice. He should have his licensed revoked. He also has a lot of law suits.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2017

I do not recall details but my notes say, "Horrible orthopedist, never return". That sort of speaks for itself.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017

I have had three sx with Dr. Choung and am very happy with the results. I recommend him and his staff to my friends.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

Dr. Walter I. Choung's Credentials

• Univ Of Nc At Chapel Hill Sch Of Med, Chapel Hill Nc 27599 (Grad. 1985)