Ratings for Dr. Alwin C. Lewis

He knows a lot he explains things well doesn't make you feel rushed at all his nurse is nice even though she doesn't go the extra mile I will likly go back

flag | Submitted April 19, 2015

flag | Submitted May 11, 2012

Doctor Alwin Lewis was 1 hour late. I told the secretary off & to not bill me and I walked out. This doctor needs to be terminated from blue cross for being flippant to his clients. "" DON'T GO THIS THIS DOCTOR because he will show up when ever his feels like it.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2012

Ive been seeing Dr. Lewis for well over 5 years. He is quick and thuro in his examinations. When I asked about weight loss 2 years ago he got me started on the right path. I'm 60 pounds lighter than I used to be. PeoPle say hes obsessed with weight loss. He is.... but only to make us healthier human beings! He's great!

flag | Submitted October 19, 2011

Dr. Lewis is a primary care physician and he does what a physician does, which is to help diagnose treat and give referrals for a diagnoses with a specialist when needed. He is straight forward bout options available to us. My husband made it through cancer, I made it through surgery for my special needs, my kids made it through normal physical maladies that were taken care of by him. His nurse is "matter of fact" woman who gets the job done. His staff are polite and efficient. Waiting time is average. I am glad I have this doctor.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2011

We went to see this doctor because he was close to home and had appointments available. We had no idea that his practice is basically a front for selling his weight loss plan book. Every ailment you bring to him, no matter what it is, is caused by you being overweight. Of course, his idea of "ideal weight" is anorexic! The final straw was when my husband went to him for severe stomach pains and was diagnosed with one condition, without even an examination or any lab tests. He was prescribed pain killers and antibiotics, which did nothing for 6 months. A new doctor, a series of tests and visits to a specialist later confirmed a complete misdiagnosis - as he instead has something else even more serious. Completely indefensible!

flag | Submitted May 26, 2011

you need to come here. now . It helped me and can help you . only if you want to be help. come to dr. lewis now. I lost 25 pounds . come to dr. lewis today

flag | Submitted February 28, 2011

I feel I've finally found a primary care doctor I like. No waiting!! I've only been there for two visits, but so far so good. I went for a specific problem the first time and he solved it. The second was a general physical which was done efficiently and with genuine good "bed side manners" -- I've gotta say, that's rare with doctors in my experience. Staff is good, so they get a 4. Better than most others. During the physical he observed an issue and advised an OTC treatment which solved the problem. He agreeably performed certain extra blood-tests at my request; sometimes docs will NOT do that. He's really great. That's my take.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2010

Went in for rectal bleeding and cramps, told me it was internal hemorrhoid but did not actually perform a rectal examination. Spent rest of time talking about and trying to sell me his diet book. Three days later ended up in emergency room after waiting for his office to schedule appointment with GI specialist. When I called his nurse told me if I had PPO instead of HMO it would have got me in faster. Ended up having a 6" cancerous tumor in my colon. Do not recommend this doctor. Dangerous and incompetent.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2010

First couple of days are rough, true, but it's worth it when the fat just seems to melt off. You'll also realize how much you were overeating before implementing the 5 bites rules.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2010

Dr. Alwin C. Lewis's Credentials

• Tulane University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Burbank, CA