Ratings for Dr. Scott Burgstahler

My experience was completely opposite of the above- Hmmm goes to show my thoughts & feelings that he chooses and changes with each patient, instead of treating each individual "equally." I spent a great deal of time while temporarily "staying" at Life Care Center of Sandpoint. I am well traveled & have had different doctors in different states & I must say this doctor is incompetent & lazy. He argues with his patients & is slow to get things moving when need be. He really seems to care more about collecting a paycheck. The only time this doctor showed any concern was when he learned I was discharging to a new doctor, & he flat out said, "Well I better be in touch with him, so he doesn't think we were not monitoring this?" ... My family is large & respected & we were all in awe with his lack of concern as a physician. I just feel terrible for the elderly & vulnerable who are left in his hands.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2014

Scott really listens, both to medical concerns and financial ones. He answers ALL questions, no matter how trivial they may seem, and never acts like a patient is an idiot. I go in with a printed sheet of questions and he makes sure every one is taken care of. He stays on top of new developments and new drugs, but tries to go the least expensive route when it's medically equivalent. A great believer in prevention, and tries to make sure the patient is as informed and active in their treatment as possible. If he every leaves this area, I'm going to have to move, too!

flag | Submitted October 17, 2007

Dr. Scott Burgstahler's Credentials

• Univ Of Mn Med Sch-Minneapolis, Minneapolis Mn 55455 (Grad. 1987)

Top Hospitals in Sandpoint, ID