Ratings for Dr. James David Spivey

The best doctor I have ever had. Saved my life more than once. Very personable and caring. Remembers things about your life and listens to your needs. Love him!!!!!!

flag | Submitted November 7, 2013

Dr Spivey is one of the most caring doctors I have ever been to and I have been to many. He listens and makes you feel very important.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2012

I've had Dr. Spivey for about 10 years now. Yes, he's not the warmest individual and he's rather matter of fact... but I find it refreshing. I feel like I'm getting very straight forward answers that aren't influenced by anything beyond my best interest. He's also not easily "convinced" of anything nor is he ready to sign me up for any ole pill. He's a hardworking, well-rounded doctor whom I trust. (And as the majority of our experience and interactions been uninsured on my part - he has offered me discounts where he can.)

flag | Submitted February 17, 2012

I have been very happy with the care given by Dr. Spivey since I started going to him over 8 years ago. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2012

I saw Dr. Spivey for quite awhile but never really felt compfortable with him. Even though there is a sign in the treatment room that states "let me know if you aren't being heard or feel rushed", I always felt that the clock was ticking. Not always confident with his assessment of every situation. I am "white coat" hypertensive anyway and seeing him didn't help matters. Was not the best fit for me and should have changed doctor's much earlier. The practice also stopped taking United Healthcare insurance.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2011

Dr Spivey is God sent. He has saved my life and is a true blessing. He knows his stuff and thats all that matters. I think he is the best HIV doctor in Atlanta.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2010

Dr. Spivey is part of a great practice, unfortunately, he has the worst bedside manner I have ever encountered. As is written here in other posts, he is condescending, rude and completely cold, ice cold. He should be a judge, not a doctor. Seek other physicians in this practice.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2010

David Spivey has always shown interest and concern about my health. He always greats me by name and with a smile. He is professional in his dealings with me and congratulates me for progress I have made. When I haven't taken advice he has given, he looks for other options or alternatives that might motivate me more. I give David Spivey "two thumbs up". He has listened to me when I needed to talk. He has given me enough information for me to feel as if I actively participate in my health care choices. His treatments have contributed to my lower blood pressure and cholesterol. He has switched medications quickly when I identified side-effects. He has referred me to competent specialists who treated conditions about which DS is not an expert.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2009

Dr Spivey has been kind and careful with me. He has always taken time to help me, and even cared for my sister when she was in a pinch and needed a new doctor fast. The staff is great and the office is a breeze to use.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2008

Social maladroit, although that doesn't particularly bother me (I'm not there to date him). Adequate clinician for most routine health issues, but in over his head with more complicated issues. (I have corrected him on a number of occasions based on my own research). Nice office. Helpful staff. Good online access to lab results and other info.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2007

Dr. James David Spivey's Credentials

• Baylor College Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)