Ratings for Dr. Bridget S. Bongaard

I have been a patient of Dr. Bongaard for 12 plus years. I recommend her to anyone who is in need of a Dr whether internal or integrated medicine. My family - extended family as well - are all patients of Dr. B. Dr. B has worked with me on several medical issues (mainly minor but one major) that I have never been able to get straightened out and BAM with Dr. B's expertise all is better & well! I also love that Dr. B will go to alternative medicine often before writing a script. Feel like I am seeing one of the best doctors available!!!! Aetna insurance - Katy F

flag | Submitted June 6, 2013

flag | Submitted July 20, 2012

Everything seemed ok while I had private insurance, but when I lost my insurance and became a self pay then had to get help from Medicaid due to a divorce that left me in a financial hardship, the level of care changed. It's a fact that my private insurance was always highly billed, self pay was affordable, but then when I became a Medicaid patient I was treated different. I don't feel that this is right. So I moved on. It's a shame because I used to receive better care and thought she was more caring- money talks I guess.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2012

Dr.Bongaard is an awesome doctor! She listens carefully and offers the best of both alternative and conventional treatments - she doesn't automatically reach for the prescription pad. The only drawback is that she is typically late and sometimes, very much so. But, she's such a great doctor, I will continue to see her.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2011

Yes! Dr. Bongaard is the best and I highly recommend her. She has the best staff as well. Everyone is nice, they return phone calls promptly and are very responsive. They are always great to deal with and I highly recommend Dr. Bongaard if you need a good general/internal medicine primary care physician. It is truly impressive how caring and responsive this office is.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2008

I love Dr. Bongaard aka "Dr. B". She's the best. She spends enough time with you to meet your needs and she is very knowledgable. I never once left her office feeling like the problem I went there with wasn't helped, which is something I can't say for a lot of doctors. She's caring and compassionate, knowledgable, and she also tells it like it is. She's wonderful. I highly recommend her!

flag | Submitted March 7, 2008

Bongaard is a very effective doctor. I've been going to her for years, and she has expanded her medical practice to integrative medicine. Very leading edge, but very basic as well.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2008

I believe Dr. Bongaard too readily encouraged me to start taking SSRI drugs. (In fairness to her, I realize she is not the only doctor who does this.) I wish I had been told that once you start them, you usually have to take them for life. I now feel like an addict. I know I could have handled my "situational stress" without the use of drugs.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2007

Dr. B is the most caring, open, knowledgable Dr. I've ever known. And with all the patients she has, when she is with you- she is with you and listens to you- and tells you the truth. Excellent doctor and person.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2007

This a very caring practice. My family moved here about 3 years ago. I am in the medical field, so I was very particular about our medical care. She and Dr. Gaines are wonderful. They take time to talk with you and they really listen. Their staff is wonderful as well. Dr. B and Dr. Gaines are both very knowledgable and very down to earth. I highly recommend them.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2006

Dr. Bridget S. Bongaard's Credentials

• Univ Of Fl Coll Of Med, Gainesville Fl 32610 (Grad. 1983)