Ratings for Dr. James Patrick Ferguson

I have been seeing Dr. Ferguson for many years now. I have to have routine colonoscopys every 3-5 years. He is an excellent doctor and even comes to talk to you once the procedure is done and not many doctors will do that (not that I remember everything from being put under). The follow up appointments are very thorough and he explains everything in detail and draw pictures as well to make it easy to understand. I would recommend him to anyone. On a side note, he has a new receptionist that is very pleasant and don't want her to be perceived as the the one prior to her. She is very nice and helpful.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017

Dr. Ferguson has been my gastroenterologist for many years. I have always been extremely happy with his services and specialized knowledge. When I was having an especially difficult with colitis and related arthritis about 25 years ago, he prescribed a medication that greatly improved my health and resulting quality of life. I very much appreciate how he always takes the time to explain clearly what's going on with my colitis, whether it's at his office or at the hospital before or after a colonoscopy procedure.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2016

In 1997 Dr. Ferguson wanted to completely remove my colon and leave me using a colostomy bag for the rest of my life. He told me I would only live to be 50. Ended up finding a different doctor, still have my colon, and I'm relatively healthy. Dr. Ferguson is the worst doctor I ever met. Glad I pulled the IVs and left the hospital that day. Don't let this man touch your body.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

Hi. I have trying to find this wonderfull doctor for years, back in 2006-2008 I had a Colonoscopy done. I was told by dr.Ferguson that he had found a small lump in my bowels, but at the time was not cancer. I was told because of this situation I needed to have this procedure done EVERY year, it has been 10 years and I have been very sick/pain and for the past 3 years I have not had any sort of a normal bowel movement, mostly very flat and bloody stools and never solid, I have been and am in pain that is unbearable and im affraid because I know my body and this is not normal at all. I have a hard time trying to do the smallest of things and now i have been put on 3 different blood pressure medication and nerve and sleeping meds, whice hardly helps me anymore at all. I have been put on many diff pain meds, right now t4s with codiene, whice i need to take 2-3 at a a time, 3=5 days a day...I have been put on tons of others with no luck, even the t4s are not helping anymore, I had visited a doctor a few years back and he tried me on oxycontin 80mg 1 tab 2-4 times daily, and it was my miracle drug, it allowed me to eat, sleep, and the pain was now bearable, I was myself again, so happy. I returned to edmonton and when my oxy pain meds ran out, It was all downhill and my life was again , this was 4 years ago and I am suffering daily/nightly and losing blood in my bowls more then ever....I have thought and attempted to end my life do to this pain, I am so lost and scared of the daily pain, I sometimes have to buy these oxycontin pain pills of others when I can offord them, and it helps so much and allows me to enjoy life and eat and smile again. I dont want to and cant offord to buy these miracle pills very often , I am dying with pain and the one medication thats helped, i cannot get, instead they have me taking 8-16 codiene pills whice helps, but does not do much at all, and there is no smiling or feeling good with those other pain meds, I just want to die in as less pain as possible and no one cares, I had a colonoscopy from you back in 2007? and was told you found a lump and that i must have my bowels and stomach checkd every year rsp my bowels, I know my body seeing as i have to try everything and do everything possible to ease the pain , but the blood loss has been alot since i was not on my good pain meds oxy80mg anymore and i have had flat stools for 3 straight years, so much pain and need the meds i know work for me.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2016

Dr. Ferguson has been my Gastroenterologist for over a decade. He's always treated me with the utmost respect and care. He takes the time to discuss issues with me in the detail needed. I would and have recommended Dr. Ferguson without hesitation. BTW he's probably saved my life!

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016

Professional and caring. He helped me and I am forever grateful. His staff is efficient and I am glad they were there for me when I needed them.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2016

I was Dr. Fergusons' back when I was in military and was stationed in Edmonton and had been diagnosed as having a stomach infection and ulcer and while he had been dealing with me having me on so many different mixtures of medication it had never cleared and we had started to talk about surgery that would have ended my active military career, I had then transferred to the Navy and was posted on the west coast and went to a new Doctor out there who did the same tests and put me on different medication but one it turned out I was allergic to so had it changed, but within a matter of maybe 3 months of new and better treatment, the infection and ulcer was gone, I do not know why Ferguson could not have accomplished this in Edmonton but am glad I did transfer or I could have been screwed. At least now I am relatively healthy in that aspect no thanks to Dr. Ferguson

flag | Submitted March 28, 2015

I had a conversation with his receptionist today Mar 2nd 2015 and was told she hadn't looked at the referrals and that the doctor was away. Probably I would need to wait at least a year for the colonoscopy then hung up on me in the middle of another question from me.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2015

Dr ferguson is a great doctor... However his receptionist is absolutely the worst and I cannot figure out why she is still employed in his office!!

flag | Submitted February 16, 2015

Terrible doctor in his bed-side manner and in his medical practice. I was in hospital for 30 days and off work for six months due to his mess up of an ERCP.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2014