Ratings for Dr. Marjorie L. Slankard

I have been working with Dr. Slankard closely for a few months and really appreciate how hard she and her staff work. Finally an office staff that is lovely, smart and professional! They call you back when you leave messages, they can get questions answered by the doctor. Both Joanne and Joan are really terrific. Dr. Slankard is clearly smart and offers impressive diagnostic acumen. I'm seeing her around food allergies and she has been wonderful with this. She constantly runs way late for appointments. I typically block out a half day from work to see her for office visits because it is not unusual to wait an hour in the waiting room and 20 minutes inside. That said, she runs late because she takes her time with patients. Provides detailed instructions and gives thought to decisions. I'll happily wait for her to know I will get my time.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014

Dr. Slankard may be an excellent doctor. However, she has absolutely no concern for her patients in regards to their time. She is always late for her appointments. My most recent experience was that I asked for the first appointment of the day, to make sure that I would not have to wait an hour and a half. I arrived at 9am. 45 minutes later she was still not in her office. No one came in to apologize. I finally walked out. There are other allergists that actually don't treat their patients with contempt. I will find one of them.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2010

I have been going to Dr. Slankard for a number of years and I cannot say enough good things about her. At last my asthma is under control and I feel that I am getting the best possible medical care possible. Dr. Slankard is also on the faculty of Columbia-Presbyterian so she is obviously current on the latest protocols and treatments.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2009

The best allergist I've ever had. Dr. Slankard is also a professor at Columbia-Presb. and does research in her field. Very knowledgeable and helpful.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

Had a RAST test in mid-August to determine allergies, was still waiting for results at the end of Sept. Called multiple times, was promised return phone calls and never got them. Still persuing results.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2008

I have seen Dr. SLankard numerous times in the past year and each time she is running later and later. The staff seemed to want to help and tell me when I would be seen but each time it's always taken far longer. Byt the time I see the Dr. sometimes, it's obvious she is so harried that I feel like saying "Hey! I'm paying to see you too!" But she acted like I was just another person to process. Her nurse is always very responsive, but the treatment just seems so uneven. I think the doctor can't handle having more than like, 3 patients a day. It seems she should either schedule fewer patients or be honest about running so late - and explain why she's running late - I waited an hour and a half twice! I don't know that she's worth it...besides, she's up there in years and maybe her training is a little outdated...

flag | Submitted March 3, 2008

Dr. Slankard is truly amazing. She is one of the best physicians I have ever been to and I wish she was my doctor for everything! She is kind, gentle, thorough, answers all of your questions, and truly cares about your health. Her staff is wonderful--nothing but nice, especially the nurses who assist during your visit. The only downside is that there is a wait at times, but that is because she takes her time with each patient which I can appreciate. The office is nice and clean, not outdated at all. I definitely reccomend Dr. Slankard, she's a gem!

flag | Submitted October 16, 2007

Dr. Marjorie L. Slankard's Credentials

• Univ Of Mo, Columbia Sch Of Med, Columbia Mo 65212 (Grad. 1971)