Ratings for Dr. Colette J. Ho

I WAS PATIENT OF DR. HO FOR MANY YEARS AND SHE SEEM TO BE VERY KNOWLEDGABLE AND ATTENTIVE.BUT ALWAYS RUSHING TO FINISH THE APPOINTMENT AND SEEMED NOT INTERESTED IN MY COMPLIANTS AT TIMES. I LIVED AND WORKED ACROSS THE STREET FROM THE WTC ON SEPT.11 AND WAS THERE AT THE TIME OF THE ATTACK. I CONTINUED TO LIVE AND WORK IN THE GROUND ZERO AREA FOR THE NEXT FIVE YEARS. IN THE YEAR 2006 OR 2007,I WAS EXPIERENCING AN CONSTENT COUGH AND AFTER BRING IT TO THE DOCTOR ATTENTION AND REGUESTING AN CHEST XRAY, SHE SEEMED TO PO PO MY COMPLAINT AND SUGGESTED IT WAS PROBOBLY MY PRESCRIPTIONMEDICINE AND SHE DID'T WANT ME TO GET AN CHEST EXRAY BECAUSE IT WAS TOO DANGEROUS. AFTER COUGHFING FOR ABOUT A YEAR I HAPPENTO BE IN ARIZONA AND DECIDED TO GET A CHECKUP AT THE MAYO CLINIC AND WITHIN TEN OF TEST, I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH STAGE 3 LUNG CANCER. I HAVE NO IDEA IF THE DR. WOULD HAVE GOTTEN THE CHEST EXRAY I ASKED FOR WOULD MADE A DIFFERANCE, BUT I DO HAVE TO WONDER. I DO WONDER IF SHE WAS WORRIED ABOUT INSUR.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2012

I have seen Dr Ho many times for various ailments--and she may seem like shes rushing you a bit--but really it's that she's so knowledgeable and has so much she wants to tell you! I also needed to just talk to her about an issue once-and she took the time and gave me great advice--and really cared for my mental well being as well...that hardly ever happens--I think she's one of the best

flag | Submitted August 2, 2010

Dr. Ho is the first doctor I've had that I feel like I can be honest with. She's very down to earth and easy to talk to. No white-coat syndrome here. She is extremely efficiant which is the biggest plus! I can go to my doctor during my lunch hour and still have time for lunch. You're never kept waiting and she doesn't waste your time.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2010

I only saw Dr. Ho when I absolutely needed to because it was always hard to get an appointment and dealing with her staff was never a pleasant experience. Initially I thought she was a great doctor because she would always prescribe me antibiotics to kill whatever was bothering me, but about 6 months later and a trip to the ER, I got C. Difficile and it was suspected that it was from all the antibiotics I had been on. I'm not an expert but this is just what I was told. In any case, she's a nice doctor, very straight to the point but perhaps a little too prescription-happy. Obviously will not be taking a risk by going back which is unfortunate because it's so hard to find a doctor in the city.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2010

It was very hard for me to get an appointment- she has very limited office hours. Once I finally got past that- I really enjoyed my experience. The office is nice- the staff fine. They did call me to let me know of a cancellation so I got in faster, but not overly warming or nice. The one thing I really DO like about Dr. Ho is that she personally calls me- when I need a prescription refilled or have a question. That is something you don't find so much these days... She seems really knowledgeable and IS efficient- this is NY- that is a plus to me!

flag | Submitted February 26, 2009

Dr. Ho is friendly and efficient, however, TOO efficient. I have never had a visit with her that lasted more than 10 minutes (and she does do pelvic exams). Her office staff is very rude and curt especially on the phone. The office itself is nice and modern. Also when Dr. Ho isn't in, she does have someone covering for her which is a plus. Overall, she's a good PCP but I wouldn't want to see her for anything more than just a check up.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2007

Dr. Colette J. Ho's Credentials

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)