Ratings for Dr. Steven Ho

Rude staff and extremely unhelpful! Undiagnosed tonsillitis that ended up leading to an abscess on throat and still can't be seen. Told I should've gone to ER.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2017

RUDE staff! Her answers to my questions were terse and abrupt, as though I were interrupting something more important. I faxed the referral to the number she provided and printed the confirmation report which stated the fax was successful. After 3 days, I called to make sure they received it. The girl who answered, different from the ENT side, was just as rude and asked my daughter's name. She said she didn't have anything in the computer under her. I told her it was sent 3 days ago and she said, "well we didn't get it" in a curt tone. "You need to fax it again and IF we get it someone should call you". Sorry, but there are more audiologists and ENT's out there that we can go to. The people who answer the phones to schedule appointments, field basic questions and intake paperwork make me believe the doctors who employ them can't be much better. They can be the best doctors in the world but if their staff can't be bothered with new patients (customers), it doesn't matter.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

Dr. Ho was an amazing Dr! I had so many ear problems that no Dr helped with till I went to him, he is very nice and caring. If my mom or I had any questions he answered them. I started seeing him when I was in 8th grade, I am now 20. The staff are some of the nicest staff I've ever delt with. Everyone there is very caring and always ready to help and answer a question. I tell everyone how awesome he is!

flag | Submitted December 3, 2012

Worse doctor I have had in my lifetime. I'm in my 60s. I wasted a lot of time and money here. One snotty receptionist who hung up on me.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2012

flag | Submitted June 20, 2012

He talked way too fast. He seemed very unorganized. He left.the room twice during my visit. I feel like it was a total waste of my time and money! It's like he couldn't focus.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2011

I went to visit him after being seen by many other ENT specialists......He was the one who finally figured out what was wrong with me! Yes, he speaks fast but he KNOWS HIS MEDICINE. He laid out all of the options in a way I could easily understand. I highly reccommend him, he has (obviously) very good training and has attended the country's top medical institutions! We are LUCKY to have someone of his expertise in Florida!

flag | Submitted February 21, 2011

1/5/2011 -After reading the other posts, I was quite concerned about what I would find when I went for my visit today, however, I was pleasantly surprised. The staff was very helpful and perparation paperwork was completed prior to visit time of 1:00. At 1:05 the hearing test specialist escorted me back for the test. She was very kind, patient and took a lot of time to explain what would happen during the testing, and the results that were observed. I was escorted back to the waiting room at 1:30, and then was taken in to see Dr. Ho who arrived only 6 minutes after I left the hearing test area. Dr. Ho spent a lot of time with me trying to understand where my hearing loss originated, what was causing the most current problem and then examined me based on that input. We the discussed options for helping to correct the problem, as well as potential allergy issues that may have triggered my most recent issue. I was very impressed. No rushing. No quick talk. Just professionalism all around!

flag | Submitted January 5, 2011

This doctor is one of the best that I have found in his field. Although he speaks quickly, which I believe is just his nature, he gave me so much information on my condition. He explained everything in detail and when I did not quite understand he took the time to explain it again. His staff were very professional and kind. They helped calm my nerves and made me feel at home. Front desk was handled very professionally as well as check out. I would recommend this office to anyone. I had nothing but a exceptional experience.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2010

In my 50+ I have never had a Dr. spend LESS time on my first visit---literally less than 2 mins.! He talked so fast, non-stop---no time to ask questions--any asked are brushed off. Then tried to charge me for a procedure he did NOT perform. Would NOT recommend.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2010

Dr. Steven Ho's Credentials

• Brown University Program In Medicine (Grad. 1996)