Ratings for Dr. James R. Cato

Dr. C has been my primary care physician for well over a decade. Knowledgeable, helpful and caring. You will not find anyone better.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2011

Dr. Cato was my mother's doctor for about the last 20 years. He was always very kind and knew exactly how to discuss treatments and care with her. When she was diagnosed with breast cancer, at the age of 82, last spring, he went above and beyond what we expected of him as her primary care physician. He recognized the symptoms immediately and was very prompt in getting the appropriate tests done. Once it was determined to be malignant, he considered all the surgeons he thought to be "top notch" and took great care to pick the one he thought would be the best at treating my mom. We could not have asked for better care than we received over the years. My mom loved that he would talk to her like a friend or relative and loved the way he would tease her and have fun during her appointments. The staff was always just as courteous and we always knew we could call them with any concerns we had. Unfortunately, my mom passed away on Jan. 28. I will truly miss our visits to Dr. Cato!

flag | Submitted March 3, 2010

I've been a patient for more than 20 years and I can recommend Dr. Cato without hesitation. Instantly likable, deeply knowledgeable and up to date, he knows how to treat AND listen. I trust his judgment, his expertise and his advice. If -God forbid- something terrible were to happen to me, I'd want Dr. Cato at my side.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2009

Dr. James R. Cato's Credentials

• Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1979)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal