Ratings for Dr. Ronald A. White

Dr. White was the emergency doctor in charge at Pascack Valley back in 1987. I arrived in pain on a Saturday night and this 26 year old doctor administered antibiotics immediately because my white blood count was high. This young doctor performed both exploratory surgery and an appendectomy on me. This was my first hospital experience and although the staff was horrendous I do remember how nice Dr. White was both in the hospital and at his office in Ridgewood. I also remember how impressed I was that he told off the staff for being so mean to me! It's hard to believe that he could have performed his first surgery on me.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2013

This Doctor was called at 8.30 pm by a patient in pain. He returned the call and chastised the patient, making him feel stupid for asking a question, being in pain, and calling at "the late hour" of 9pm. Do NOT go to this doctor.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2012

Five years ago this week, I was diagnosed with colorectal cancer. Both my family physician and the gastroenterologist who had performed my colonoscopy advised me that Dr. White was the physician who should perform my surgery. He and his staff were extremely knowledgeable, kind and helpful (although I couldn't help wondering what had possessed him to earn a law degree in addition to his MD). The surgery went as well as could have been expected -- and I was up, attending ball games and dancing a week later. He was also available any time I had a question about post-surgical issues. I did need 6 months of chemotherapy after the surgery. When I could not find a surgeon in the immediate area to insert a portable catheter for it to be administered, Dr. White and his partner Dr. Waxenbaum agreed to accept the fee that our insurer would pay so that Dr. Waxenbaum could perform that procedure. Five years later, I am still cancer-free -- thanks to both of them.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2012

He wasn't in my network but he saw me as an emergency. Was very helpful. Explained what it might cost since he was out of network. Wrote off part of my bill. Spent a lot of time with me and called back quickly every time I called with a question

flag | Submitted December 17, 2011

On time. Offered options. Listened to what I had to say. Good office staff

flag | Submitted March 7, 2011

Dr White is the best doctor I know. He was so helpful and kind.He always explained everythiing to me so I never had any doubts what exactly is happening. He would always discuss option with me giving me pros and cons. He tried everything to avoid surgery but when the medication didn't bring the results I decided to have the surgery. He was awesome in the hospital to me and to my husband in the waiting room. He told me exactly what's going to happen what could go wrong and what could the results be. I was prepared and knew what I was getting myslef into thanks to his honesty. Everything went great I had a fast surgery and speedy recovery and I recommend Dr. White to everyone!!!The stuff in both offices (Ridgewood and Englewood) is very helpful and kind. My appointments (and I had many) were always on time. Sometimes I was able to get them done on my lunch hour.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2007

Dr. Ronald A. White's Credentials

• Boston University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)