Ratings for Dr. Meera Luthra

Dr. Luthra quickly recognized that I had a pituitary tumour that had been missed by other doctors because I wasn't as symptomatic as would be expected. She referred me to excellent specialists and the tumour was successfully re-sected before it could cause serious damage. She continues to follow up which gives me a great deal of comfort. She is extremely knowledgeable, compassionate and a lovely person.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2018

This Dr is a saint! Dr. Luthra was so attentive and open in her communication with me as I dealt with unpredictable symptoms from a hormone secreting tumour. I don’t think I would have been well enough for surgery if it wasn’t for her. I am forever grateful to have her as my endo.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2017

Good doctor but needs to work on punctuality. Book less number of people so waiting time can be reduced

flag | Submitted December 10, 2017

Dr. Luthra is a very nice person, she took her time and didn't ever rush me out of her office like other specialists I've met. She was thorough in testing for certain things as she tried to figure out my situation but when she couldn't come up with answers, she just wrote it off as insulin resistance, prescribed Metformin and discharged me. There was no follow up blood work to see if it was actually the problem, or to check my sugar levels to see if the medication was indeed helping me; she just told me I'd need to be referred all over again by my family doctor if my symptoms persisted. She also told me that Adrenal problems are not something that medical doctors are capable of diagnosing and that my hair loss might just be hereditary and left it at that. It was like she had completely given up on me and it left me feeling helpless and very discouraged.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

Dr. Luthra is an exceptional doctor. She really cares about her work and patients. I had an issue with my pituitary and she took very good care of me! Thank you! Highly recommend her as an Endocrinologist.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

Dr. Luthra is an expert in her field. I only see her once a year and save all of my questions about my condition for her and have faith in her answers and suggestions. I have never felt as understood as I have with her. Wish all my doctors were as caring and competent.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

Dr.Luthra is a very competent doctor. Runs late is only complaint but h, as she takes time with her patients and is very thorough. Her secretary's Julie and Leslie are always really helpful and professional when I have to call them for something. Dr.Luthra gets back quickly when needed. West 5th clinic is nice and clean. Parking is expensive. Been going there for 2 years now and have never had a bad experience with her or the diabetes clinic.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2017

I have been followed by Dr. Luthra for two pregnancies and she has been compassionate and extremely knowledgable about my condition. As soon as I was referred to Dr. Luthra, she managed to get my condition under control swiftly and she continually monitored me to ensure I was on the optimal dose of medication. She devised a plan to modify my dose after delivery so that my condition was managed appropriately and I did not have to return to the clinic soon after birth. She is an immensely caring and talented physician and I am very grateful that she is a member of my health care team.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2016

Overall happy with my visit. Only complaint is how long I waited, which I don't mind doing usually however I expected her to be with a client or scarfing down some food. But she came back with a coffee. That was frustrating.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2016

I went to see Dr. Luthra and was treated really well. My sugar has been really high and my family doctor referred me to her. Dr. Luthra went into my details of the problem and her understanding was totally amazing! I was totally impressed by her knowledge of the problem and she resolved it by doing proper diagnosis and gave me the proper medicine which has controlled my diabetes and helped me to control my thyroid problem too. I will give her 5 star for her patience, knowledge and the attention she gave me. Thank you, Dr. Luthra.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016