Ratings for Dr. Meera Luthra

Dr. Luthra is a compassionate, empathic, and knowledgeable endocrinologist. She is collaborative with her patients and values/respects their opinions and wishes. She makes helpful suggestions without belittling me. She never forces an idea on me or makes me feel bad for deciding to do something differently. This quality makes her approachable and easy to talk to honestly. She has been supportive and encouraging through my multiple health problems. The West 5th clinic oftens runs behind but it is worth the wait to see Dr. Luthra. She is an excellent physician and a lovely person.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2018

Dr. Luthra is a very pleasant doctor to deal with. She helps me to understand my issues with my diabetes and suggests alternative treatments to help me along. She never belittles me for not doing what we both know would improve my overall numbers (Staying Active!) but gently suggests and reminds me during our visits. I do enjoy our conversations.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2018

I've only met this doctor once and will not be going back to her! I started off with a student who then went to consult with her. When they both came back in the room, I was belittled and felt like I was being told I was purposely being a bad mom to my unborn child! (I have gestational diabetes and my numbers spiked) She literally came in yelling as she stood over me. After she actually listened to me, we had come to an agreement that I wasn't doing this on purpose. This woman needs to work on her people skills and not treat people like they are lower than her just because she's a doctor. We're still human Dr. Luthra and we like to be treated as such! I wish I was treated like these other people that rated you!

Submitted May 20, 2018

Dr. Luthra quickly recognized that I had a pituitary tumour that had been missed by other doctors because I wasn't as symptomatic as would be expected. She referred me to excellent specialists and the tumour was successfully re-sected before it could cause serious damage. She continues to follow up which gives me a great deal of comfort. She is extremely knowledgeable, compassionate and a lovely person.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2018

This Dr is a saint! Dr. Luthra was so attentive and open in her communication with me as I dealt with unpredictable symptoms from a hormone secreting tumour. I don’t think I would have been well enough for surgery if it wasn’t for her. I am forever grateful to have her as my endo.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2017

Good doctor but needs to work on punctuality. Book less number of people so waiting time can be reduced

flag | Submitted December 10, 2017

Dr. Luthra is a very nice person, she took her time and didn't ever rush me out of her office like other specialists I've met. She was thorough in testing for certain things as she tried to figure out my situation but when she couldn't come up with answers, she just wrote it off as insulin resistance, prescribed Metformin and discharged me. There was no follow up blood work to see if it was actually the problem, or to check my sugar levels to see if the medication was indeed helping me; she just told me I'd need to be referred all over again by my family doctor if my symptoms persisted. She also told me that Adrenal problems are not something that medical doctors are capable of diagnosing and that my hair loss might just be hereditary and left it at that. It was like she had completely given up on me and it left me feeling helpless and very discouraged.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

Dr. Luthra is an exceptional doctor. She really cares about her work and patients. I had an issue with my pituitary and she took very good care of me! Thank you! Highly recommend her as an Endocrinologist.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

Dr. Luthra is an expert in her field. I only see her once a year and save all of my questions about my condition for her and have faith in her answers and suggestions. I have never felt as understood as I have with her. Wish all my doctors were as caring and competent.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

Dr.Luthra is a very competent doctor. Runs late is only complaint but h, as she takes time with her patients and is very thorough. Her secretary's Julie and Leslie are always really helpful and professional when I have to call them for something. Dr.Luthra gets back quickly when needed. West 5th clinic is nice and clean. Parking is expensive. Been going there for 2 years now and have never had a bad experience with her or the diabetes clinic.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2017