Ratings for Dr. Donald Scott Covington

Dr. Covington was not a doctor I could recommend. After my first surgery and 2 months of problems I changed surgeons and had more surgery. I am well now but had several difficult months.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2010

I saw Dr.Covington several times last fall and had a very pleasant experience. He never seemed rushed or unwilling to answer my questions. He was very polite and always seemed concerned about how I was feeling. I think it's unfortunate that former patients hold him liable for any damage done regarding the surgical instruments that had been inadvertantly washed in hydraulic fluid. The elevator company that serviced that particular hospital was responsible..not the surgeons who used the instruments. The hydraulic fluid is the same color as the solution that is used on surgical instruments..therefore all of the surgeons who used these instruments received the blame. I am very sorry for any patient that has suffered after this incident.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2008

I saw Dr. Covington for over 4 years due to pregancy enduced hidratenitus and he was more caring and attentive than my ob during my pregnancies.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2007

I too was injured by this General Surgeon.His only brilliance is in own mind! Its obvious these other two comments were written by the Dr. or a close relative.INJURY caused by GREED and . ARROGANCE, is not what you would call an Unfortunate Outcome.It only makes sense that the patients he injured would be the ONLY people to be in the position to JUDGE, sweetheart!So whos the ignoramus? And lets be honest, Brilliant Surgeons DON'T work at hospitals that wash there surgical instrumennts in hydralic fluids!!!They also pick a specialtiy, and stick to it, not practice on people because they can!

flag | Submitted August 4, 2007

I have been seeing Dr. Convington at the Wound Healing center. He has been great. He really seems to care about how his patients are doing. On our first visit he went out of his way to talk to me to make me more comfortable. He is always concerned about me and my pain level. I would recommend this man to anyone. When he isn't sure on something he admits and has called another surgeon to get his opinions. I am fully confident in Dr. Convington and in his treatment.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2006

I happen to know Dr Covington is a brilliant surgeon. Kind man. Great family man. It is sad that ignorant people who have an unfortunate outcome go on line and defame a good doctor even though they are not qualified to judge him. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2006

He injured me during surgery. When I went back to see him post-op I told him what was wrong with me and he dismissed me, and sent me home, telling me," Wait untill your swelling goes down".You see I could'nt lift up my arm, which he knew was a" RED FLAG " but instead choose to get rid of me.Ethically, he had no business operating on me in the first place,since this wasn't his area of expertise.My primary care pysician, Dr. Winkle and her indifference towards my healthcare was responsible for referring me to Dr. Covington! He to is totally UNPROFESSIONAL!!!

flag | Submitted May 30, 2006

Dr. Donald Scott Covington's Credentials

• University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)

AHC